Dating 2

A/N: Kate x Reader

PART TWO OF 'Crushes'

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!

THANK YOU FOR 400K! I HAVE A SPECIAL SURPRISE FOR 400K BUT IT MIGHT TAKE A BIT!

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV:

"There's something I wanna tell you..." I tell her softly, she nods her head lightly.

"Okay. What's up?" She asks me, I sit down on the chair and sigh, forcing my eyes shut.

"I like girls. Well, no, I like a girl." I admit, just imaging that I was with Kate and practising, instead of actually telling her. "K—Kate... I like— no, I really, really like Kate." I admit shyly, slowly opening my eyes to see her looking at me sympathetically,

"Oh..." She lets out, opening her arms and leaning over to hug me. "Honey, you should know that I don't think of you differently. I'm sorry if I've made you feel like you couldn't tell me these things." She apologises, I don't know why but I feel myself start to break down in her arms, she pulls me close and holds me tenderly. "It's okay, Honey. There is nothing to be worried about." She assures me. I cling onto her as I continue to cry, I'm really glad that she isn't homophobic or anything cause that really scared me. She moves me back and wipes my tears for me, "So, what specifically do you identify as?" She asks me,

"I... I think I only like girls... I've only ever really liked girls." I admit to her, shyly. "I've never felt anything for a guy, at all. But when I just... saw Kate. I... immediately developed feelings for her." I express to her, letting my shoulders fall. It feels so good to let this out.

"I see... you seem like you really like her. And from what you said, I assume that you identify as... lesbian?" She asks me, I nod my head.

"Yeah... Yeah." I confirm. "God, it feels so good to say out-loud." I admit to her, smiling.

"I bet." She chuckles out, "Um, can I see what she looks like?" She asks me, I nod my head and pull out a picture where both of us are in it. It's us in the nurse's office when she accidently had a fall in gym and I picked her up in my arms and rushed her to the nurses office. Turns out it was nothing but still, it was scary as hell. Just then, I hear my phone go off. I pull my phone closer and see it's a text from Kate.

"Y/n, are you home? You normally text me by now, do you need me to come by?" She texts me, I smile at this and quickly reply.

"I'm fine."

"I just came out to my mom." I text again,

"It feels so good to finally let it out." I add, she answers almost immediately with just random letters in all caps.

"I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! WE HAVE TO CELEBRATE!"

"I know we have the picnic, but I was wondering if we could hang out, maybe earlier?" She texts me, I think for a moment trying to wonder if I have anything going on tomorrow.

"Hey, mom. Am I free tomorrow?" I ask her, she nods her head.

"Yeah." She tells me, "How come?"

"Kate's wondering if I can hang out with her tomorrow and Sunday. Can I?" I ask her, "I can ask about her meeting you, as well. I—If you'd like." I add, she smiles widely and rests her hand on my cheek.

"You do whatever you like, honey. I don't want to force anything."

"Well, I think it's fair since I accidently bumped into her mom when I was leaving once and let me tell you, that was a reason I was an hour and a half late home since she had a lot of questions." I explain to my mom, making her laugh. She places a kiss on my head.