"He started it, not me!"

A/N: Emily Junk x Reader

Summary: At Emily's first riff-off, she sings her own song and Y/n punches the guy who makes fun of her for being rude.

Thank you for 281-284k! I love you all so much, we are getting there to the 300k mark! WOO! Also part two of a 'New Friend' will come out in 3 days cause I'm a tease : )

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV:

I walk toward the campus, ready to start my first year at college, I can't believe that I'm able to go to Barden University; I've heard great things about this University. It's kinda crazy how I've managed to do this. I mean, my 'main' goal is to join the Bella's or something but that's like... super unlikely. Actually, it is unlikely.

I don't really know why I'm gonna try out, I heard great things about them. All of the members seem really good, so, hopefully I can do something with that and... figure something out, I suppose. I walk closer and closer to this tall girl beside her mom, the two of them talking. However, her mom started singing, where've I heard that voice before?

I don't know.

"Yeah, how am I gonna cope with not being able to hear your spontaneous singing." She sarcastically replies, giving her mom a side-glance, I chuckle at this and walk past the two; me and the girl locking eyes on one another for a moment, I give her a smile that she returns before looking down sheepishly while blushing lightly.

Cute.

*****

I managed to make friends with the girl, she said how she was also gonna try out. Turns out she's a Legacy or something, her mother being a Junk. I snickered when I first heard it as it's quite the last name but hey, she's a beautiful girl with a beautiful personality. Did I also mention how cute she is?

I'm walking down the hall, wearing my favourite white vans t-shirt with a flannel over it, black jeans and some High-Top Vans. Can never go wrong with Vans. I hear someone call my name and turn back, to see Miss Junk.

"Hey, Emily." I greet Emily with a smile, she returns the smile and continued to lightly tread toward me, walking with slight confidence but there was a look about her that made her look so nervous. It was very adorable.

"Hey. Where you headed?" She asks me, I point to the Audition room, she looks over at the room.

"Auditions." I reply to her, her eyes lighting up and meeting my look again, a wide grin on her face as she looks so excited.

"You sing?!" She exclaims loudly, I chuckle at this and nod my head, itching the back of my head. I do it when I'm nervous. She makes me a little nervous, "I—I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so loud."

"No, it's okay—"

"No, I'm sorry..." She apologises, glancing away and sighing.

"It's—"

"I—I'm sorry..."

"Emily, it's fine. I don't mind. Really—"

"I... I'll stop—"

"Emily." I cut her off, her eyes finally meet mines again as they were moving down to the floor the further we went back and forth, "I don't mind. It's fine. You don't need to apologise. I have two older twin brothers and a younger brother. They're always so loud. I can handle excitement." I express to her, giving her an assuring smile. She sighs in relief at this.

"Oh, thank God. I thought I messed up or something." She giggles out, I shake my head at this.

"You could never." I admit sheepishly, the silence between us being evident that there was something else on both of our minds, "Come on," I tell her, putting my hand out while I point with my index finger on my right hand and point at the door, "lets go, Legacy." I tell her, dragging her inside; she giggles at this, and we head inside not seeing the Bella's. Huh? Where are they? "And where exactly are they?" I ask, looking around. Someone walks over to us, explaining the situation. I nod my head at this, "Right, well, I'm going to a studio." I say moving back, nodding my head lightly; I turn to Emily. "Wanna come?"