"I'm sorry, I-I messed up..."

A/N: Charlie Watson x Reader

Summary: Charlie has feelings for Y/n but slightly messes up.

HAVE A GOOD DAY! MAKE SURE TO EAT EVEN IF IT IS JUST A MEAL OR A SNACK AND DRINK SOMETHING <3

PROUD OF YOU ALL <3

I LOVE YOU!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 300K! HOLY SHIT, I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH❤️❤️

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie's POV:

Why doesn't she like me? I've tried to give her so many hints but I don't think she's picking up on any of them. I don't get it. What do I have to do to get her to like me? I mean come on, I can be... fun. Or funny. Aren't I? I mean come on, what is this all about? We've been friends for, like, 10 years, Y/n... she's, my best friend.

"Hey, Watson." I hear the one and only, Y/n L/n, greet me, I turn around and see her walking over with something behind her back.

"Hey." I reply quietly before turning back to the engine, just wanting to be alone. I mean, I don't mean to be mean but I can't help it. I just want to be alone so I can think of something. I can't think of how to fix this goddamn engine with people staring at me.

"Hey, you alright? What's up?" Y/n asks me, I feel her hand rest on my shoulder but I shrug it off, turning in her direction but not looking at her.

"I'm fine, okay?" I snap at her, shit... I glance at her and see her looking at me before looking away. Running her hand through her hair, I can see how upset she looks; the tears bottling and simply waiting to fall but Y/n wipes them away before they could and sighs.

"Uhm, okay... I'll... stop by later. I guess." She breathes out,

"Sure." I grumble out before turning back to the engine, I feel her eyes on me before she begins to walk away. I sigh and rest my head on the edge of the car. I'm so stupid.

***

I was done with the engine and I managed to fix up a boat, just needs to get cleaned up and checked out, I'm gonna head home now. I walk past my Uncle Hank and he beckons me over,

"Hey, kid, come here." He calls on me, I walk over to him and give him a small smile. Sighing and resting my forearms on the desk.

"What's up, Uncle Hank?" I ask him, he looks over to the table beside him and pulls out flowers and a note. I look at him confused and he gives them to me, I look at him and take them.

"The girl that you always talk about and smile about wanted me to give you these, said how you slightly snapped at her and thought that she'd give them to me to give to you when you're ready to go." He explains to me bluntly, I look at him in surprise and take the flowers, aww, she remembers my favourite flowers. I open the note and read it:

"I'm too nervous to say it out loud so I thought that I'd write it down. Cliché. I know. I just wanted to well, no, I wanted you to know that I really like you and was wondering if maybe - you don't have too agree, you can say no - you would want to go to a drive-in with me? Or just drive around in that Yellow Beetle of yours that you cherish so fondly and just relax? I mean, I'm hoping it as a date but if you don't want it to be a date that's also perfectly fine. I was just wondering though. I mean, we could also go to the swimming pool, it's up to you what we do. Just let me know, Watson.

- Much love, Y/n L/n <3"

Shit! I have messed up, I have to fix this, I have too. I gotta go to her house, see if she's okay.