"a Carriage Ride with Miss Death" 3

A/N: Emily Dickinson x Reader

Now you may be wondering, Author, why the fuck does it have 3? You haven't done one with this title?

It's continuation from 'A conversation with Miss Death' so, yeah. Just wanted to make that clear!

Um, it's pretty funny seeing all of you literally simp over Miss Death, so, yeah! Thought I'd make a part 3!

ALSO! Thank you for 253-255k! Y'all are amazing.

DON'T HATE ME, PLEASE! THANK YOU!

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily's POV:

I finally got my poems back, thank god for that. Otherwise, I don't really know what I would've ever done if I hadn't gotten them back. Thank god for Maggie. She's a lifesaver. I set them all in my drawer before pulling out a piece of paper beginning to write.

I've missed writing, I hate that I wasn't able to do it but I just... I don't know, something feels different. Off. I just... I don't know, I can't place it. I just feel like now that I've broken the ice, broken free from the struggle of not being able to write; I don't know, it just feels... different coming back to it.

Like I have more of me to put into these new poems. I glance around and I hear my mother call on me, I sigh at this and get up heading downstairs, 

"Yes?" I ask her, seeing her stand by Edward. I glance between the two in confusion.

"Ah, Emily. There you are." My mom grins out as she lightly pats down her dress, "It's your turn to take the bucket out for fresh water." She informs me, I roll my eyes at this.

"Mom, we got Maggie for a reason—"

"You're not learning your proper place, Emily—"

"Well, whatever that is, I'm sure I'll be able to survive just fine on my own." I fire back at her, glancing at her as I walk toward the birds nests that I found, just shuffling them about.

"Emily." I hear my dad call on me, I just stop and stare at the birds nests.

"What?"

"Can you just do us a favour? You are a woman—"

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot that I was. Thank you, seriously, thank you so much for reminding me." I cut him off, giving him a sarcastic smile before heading toward the kitchen to grab the bucket, I can't believe I'm doing this, why? Why do I need to do this? It's pointless. I just want to live my life, not have to care about anyone bothering me. A house to myself, Sue being able to visit whenever she likes but only her. I can only write for her—

"Emily!" I hear someone call on me, I look around to see Vinnie jogging toward me, a smile on her face, "Have you seen Ship?" She asks me, I shake my head.

"N—No? No. Why?" I ask her, she sighs lightly; glancing around, most likely trying to figure out where he could be. "What's going on?" I ask her, she huffs slightly, letting her shoulders fall as her eyes meet mines.

"I'm not sure! I haven't seen him all day." She explains to me. I nod my head slowly, 

"Mhmm. Well, uhm, good luck. I'm—I'm sure you'll find him somewhere." I express to her, giving her a small smile; she nods her head before walking off, she looks so confused and looking in really tiny places, "N—No, Vinnie... I—" I sigh, "I don't think he'll be under the porch." I express to her, she stands up and nods her head. She mutters something and continues to look around, I go to turn but glance at her one last time, I shake my head lightly and continue to make my way to the well.