Party with Dickinson's 2

A/N: Emily x Reader

This is part two of "Night with a Dickinson"

Summary: It's the dinner party outside that Emily's family is hosting and Y/n's family is attending it.

Inspo: Little Women 

HERE. WE. GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n walked downstairs into the main area to see her family in a hurry over to the Dickinson household while Y/n was simply just stood there and watched her two sisters compliment one another before they laughed and shook their head, she saw her older brother simply trying to make himself look decent to make a good impression for Lavinia as he quite liked her.

Y/n let out a small chuckle, she walked toward him and gave him a small smile.

"Trying to impress her, huh?" Y/n asked as she patted his shoulder; he nodded his head.

"Yeah. Do you think she'll like me?" He asked her,

"Matteo, I know it." Y/n assured him and gave him an encouraging smile. Matteo smiled back, he looked around and grabbed her hand and dragged her into another room, 

"Are you trying to impress Emily?" Matteo asked her, a pleased smile grew on his face at Y/n's quietness and sudden defense.

"What? No.. No, I'm— I'm not. No. What—What makes you think that?" Y/n asked confused, Matteo laughed lightly,

"I saw you sneak out. It was too see her, wasn't it?" He asked his little sister, he was so proud of her and knew her really well, especially when she was lying as she wasn't the best at lying. Well to her siblings, it was easy to her parents. She sighed and nodded her head,

"Yeah... Yeah, it was. It was to see Emily." Y/n admitted which Matteo giggled at, a wide smile as he flaunted his shiny white and perfect teeth.

"I knew it. I knew it, you like—"

"Quiet your voice down, and yes." She admitted, and let out a small sigh and shook her head, "I like her, I like her... so much." She expressed to her oldest sibling, she looked down and clenched her jaw lightly, "I just don't know if now is the best time for her." She continued on which Matteo nodded his head at,

"If she truly does like you. She'll make the time for you." Matteo explained to Y/n who just smiled,

"Who knew you gave good advice?" Y/n asked which Matteo laughed at.

"Rude—" In that moment, their father, Henry, came in and looked at the two,

"Come on, you two, we're just about to leave." Henry informed the two before he left the room quickly, Y/n and Matteo sighed and side-glanced at each other before they headed out, single file, Matteo first and Y/n behind him.

"There you are." Y/n's older sister, Jo, said. "What were you and Matteo talking about?"

"Oh, nothing, nothing important." Y/n dismissed, a tight-lipped smile formed on her lips that looked forced.

"You're hiding something!" The youngest sibling, Amy, gasped out. "I know that look from anywhere—"

"Amy." Their mother, Elizabeth, sternly said as she placed a hand on her shoulder and let out a small sigh, Y/n wasn't really close with her parents, they more had a secret hatred for one another as they wanted Y/n to do chores and be more lady-like however their daughters and son wanted to go off to war all together and if not then become something in the creative industry, Matteo and Jo wanting to be writers, Y/n having the same dream as well as a Poet while Amy wanted to be a pianist. "There's no need to assume, Amy. You of all people know that." Elizabeth explained, and shook her head lightly before she looked at Jo, "Isn't that right, Jo?"