Out late

A/N: Kate x Reader

Summary: Y/n is busy being Spider-Women and forgot that she had a date with Kate and once she realises, she swings home to see Kate crying and upset when in reality... she had a plan all along.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 17K! YOU GUYS ARE HONESTLY SO INSANE!

BY THE WAY! LOOK HOW PRETTY THAT PHOTO IS! Like, bro, lemme be there rn.

ANYWAYYYY

ENJOY! AND....

HERE WE GO!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n webbed onto one building and side flipped as she landed on top of the building, she looked around and jumped off; she did a 360 before she flipped and quickly webbed as she pulled her legs close to her body and swung up but pushed her body up as she got a call from her girlfriend.

She smiled widely, she had just been at the perfect spot for the two to have a nice dinner in the woods, nothing but peace and quiet (just the photo at the top) with blankets and pillows as she also had her laptop there with Kate's favourite food and movie.

She answered the call and webbed herself onto a building,

"Hey, baby, is everything—"

"Don't 'Hey, baby' me! Where are you?" Kate asked worried but with a hint of anger. Y/n gulped nervously, and froze.

"Um..." She looked around, "Empire State—"

"Have you just completely forgotten?" Kate asked in disbelief as she let out a small sniffle,

"Are you crying?" Y/n asked confused, Kate let out a small sob.

"Yeah! It's our one year! And—And you've forgotten!" Kate sobbed out, Y/n pulled her mask off and grabbed her phone and looked at the date, her mouth fell open; she groaned and mouthed 'fuck'. She put her mask back on and got to the edge of the building hearing Kate cry,

"Hey, no, no, I'm setting up our date. Just trust me. Shhh, I'll be home soon, I promise you." Y/n promised as she fell backwards and let herself fall as she heard Kate sniffle,

"Really?"

"Yeah!" Y/n exclaimed and started to swing and flip her way to Kate's apartment.

"How long will you be?" Kate mumbled as she let out another sniffle and Y/n just hummed as she didn't know how long she'd take.

"Um... yeah, I'm negative too. Glad we can have babies, love. See you soon—"

"Y/n." She said sternly,

"Bye, little one, see you soon!" She exclaimed and quickly hung up and sighed in relief, "Close one." She hummed out as she continued to swing her way home.

*****
(When she arrives)

She opened the window and crawled onto the roof; she shut it behind her and began to crawl her way around in case Kate was still there.

"Get off the roof!" Kate exclaimed which made Y/n let out a small scream as she turned around and moved back, her still being on the roof, she took her mask off and sighed,

"Don't scare me like that, Bishop!" She exclaimed and let out a small chuckle, she hopped down and saw the aftermath of her crying, "I—I didn't mean to make you cry..." Y/n mumbled, "Let me get changed, and I'll take you somewhere. I have a surprise! You're gonna love it." She talked fast and Kate just nodded her head lightly and felt Y/n place a kiss on her lips, she kissed her back but Y/n pulled away, "I'll be right back! Don't move." She exclaimed and rushed into her room and quickly got into something nice but not overdoing it, she kept her web shooters on as they didn't have a second car and plus, Kate had went with her before and it went fine. She quickly put her suit back on and came out, "Okay! I know I'm still in my suit but we have to web there." Y/n explained, Kate shot her eyes toward Y/n.

"Y/n..." She said sternly,

"I know! I know, baby, but I had to use the car!" Y/n explained,

"We agreed no webs!" Kate expressed, Y/n webbed Kate toward her and then webbed them out the building, "Y/n! I'm gonna kill you!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, Kate, I swear!" Y/n exclaimed her apology as she continued to swing, a few people exclaiming and calling on her.

"WOOO!!!"

"That's Spider-Women!"

"Oh my god!"

"She's holding someone." A girl exclaimed and pointed at Y/n as she tapped her best friend's arm. Her best friend looked up and gasped.

"Probably someone she just saved." A girl replied to her friend,

"Go Spider-Women!"

"Thanks, guys! Have a great night!" Y/n shouted back which made the people cheer, Y/n chuckled however Kate let out a small squeal.

"I hate this! I hate this! How do you—?! How do you do this?!" Kate exclaimed as her hair began to get into Y/n's face,

"Kate, I love you but please can you move your hair?!" Y/n asked politely, Kate moved her hair out the way,

"Sorry! Just please don't kill us!"

"I won't! I won't, I swear." Y/n replied as she felt Kate tuck her head into her neck, Y/n had a tight grip and in 20-30 minutes, they were at Y/n's surprise.

Y/n slowly descended and let Kate down who fell to her knees and sighed as she placed a hand on her chest,

"Oh, thank Jesus. I survived!" Kate exclaimed, as she tucked her face into her hands, and shook her head. "Never... again, please, never do that again unless my life is in actual danger." Kate stated, she stood up and looked around and found Y/n by the back of the car, she walked over confused but once she looked in, her eyes lit up and she looked at Y/n with a wide smile. "You didn't..."

"I know I took forever to bring us here but I knew it was gonna rain and—" Y/n was cut off by a pair of familiar lips against hers, Y/n kissed her back and placed a hand on her waist as she pulled her closer, both girls smiling into the kiss. They slowly pulled away and only then was when Kate noticed the bruises and cuts on her face,

"Baby, why didn't you tell me you were injured?" Kate asked as she placed a hand on her cheek, she used her thumb to stroke her cheek, which Y/n slightly winced at.

"So—Sorry... I'm sorry, I... There was this guy, and—and he was really, um, tall and muscular... y'know?" Y/n stammered out and Kate just placed a kiss on her cheek and pushed her to sit down in the back of the car,

"Just lie down and you can tell me all about it, okay?" Kate breathed out, Y/n smiled.

"I—I got us some food." She said as she pointed behind her, "And... um, we—we—we can watch a movie. If—If you'd like. There's also blankets and—"

"Y/n." Kate interjected as she grasped Y/n's face and made her face her. "Just lie down, you can move the stuff and we can talk about your day, or mines, just... let's just lie down. Cause like you said, it's gonna rain."

Y/n chuckled at Kate's words, she moved the food and moved back; she rested her head on the pillows. Kate cuddles into her and Y/n webbed the inside of the boot and shut it over, they began to talk about their days, and watch the movie.

"This is the best date we've ever been on..." Kate mumbled into Y/n's neck, Y/n rubbed her back and smiled.

"I've enjoyed it too." She hummed out as the rain was still pouring, Kate moved her head out of the nape of Y/n's neck and sat up slightly as she pressed her hand on Y/n's chest, Y/n looked at her with a wide smile on her face,

"I'm too tired to drive."

"You can't drive anyway." Y/n giggled out which made Kate hit her shoulder making Y/n giggle harder. "But if your implying that we stay here for the night, I agree. I am... to tired to drive." She giggled out.

The two got comfy and after an intense make-out session, Y/n fell asleep on top of Kate with her head tucked into her neck and comfortable. Kate stroked her back and gave her head scratches as a thank you. The food all gone, the movie been watched and although there was always something to talk about with the two; both girls couldn't help but have the urge to fall asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------