121

C H A P T E R 121

Waking up at St. Mungo's the next morning was very painful for Samantha Potter. All of her muscles were on fire and her insides ached.

She was pretty much on autopilot as she opened her eyes and the nurse from St Mungo's came in and let out a sigh of surprise. "You're awake. I honestly didn't expect you to wake for a few more days," she said and then proceeded to hand Samantha vials and vials of healing medicine. "Take this and then let me know how you're feeling."

Samantha did as she was told and then slowly grabbed a mirror from her bedside table. Her face was full of butterfly bandages covering the tiny cuts that were scattered all over her face. Her hair was matted against her scalp that was pretty much killing her. What she would do for a shower.

Another sigh left her lips as she stared at the ceiling and tried to even come close to reflecting on what happened in the last 24 hours. But her mind couldn't do it. A chill ran along her spine as the events that just as quickly entered her mind, escaped her mind.

Her brain felt like mush and for the first time, her mind was blank. No thoughts, nothing to think about. How could anyone even begin to move forward after what happened to Samantha Potter?

Nonetheless, one thought entered her mind. And that was food. Also on her bedside table was a bowl of fruit and a stack of toast.

"You'll want to eat light," the nurse said and handed her a glass of orange juice.

After scarfing down the fruit and toast, Samantha again sat back on the bed and started to play with the hem of the bed sheet. Her aching muscles needed some type of relief, as did her nerves and anxiety. Fidgeting with the sheet was the only thing her fingers could fathom at the moment.

"Up for some visitors?" the nurse asked.

A part of Samantha perked up at the idea of having someone to talk to, but then she instantly knew people would ask her about what happened...and the Triwizard Champion was no where near ready to discuss it.

She shook her head no and turned on her side away from the door, opting for another nap that would hopefully erase last night's events, but even she knew better.

However as soon as she closed her eyes, the events replayed and tears started to form. The nurse anticipated this and Samantha saw the vial of dreamless potion on the bedside table.

Muscles still aching, Samantha took this opportunity to try some wandless magic out of exhaustion and within seconds the vial moved towards her, opened, and the contents were poured into her mouth.

And soon, she was consumed with darkness yet again.

• • • • •

"Silence!"

This time Sirius Black paused and slowly sat back down.

The last twenty minutes were spent Sirius arguing with the four nurses assigned to Samantha's room. As soon as one came out and notified everyone that she was awake, Sirius instantly stood up and demanded he see her.

The nurses stood their ground and spoke that they would be allowed in only when Samantha wanted guests. They've seen enough of patients needing rest yet becoming overwhelmed of concerned loved ones.

They could see her fragile mental state and surely she didn't need to become overwhelmed. Rest and only rest was the best form of healing.

"Miss Potter has been through a lot and you all may enter when she desires you so. Until then, we will provide updates."