50

C H A P T E R  50

"Samantha, are you coming?" Harry asked as he looked at her. Stan had already taken his trunk and owl cage and Harry was on the stairs to the bus.

Her face was frozen with shock but this was her opportunity to talk to him, reunite. Her courage and curiosity took over and she decided to stay.

"Uhm, no I have some errands to run. I'll meet you there," she said and stepped back alittle.

Harry slowly nodded, unsure of what she was doing but ignored it and walked into the bus which then immediately left.

Samantha put her hand in her jeans pocket and clutched onto her wand, just in case.

She slowly made her way over to the bushes in which he was hiding and stood before him. Samantha glanced around her and with it being nightfall, no one was around. She nodded at the dog with signaled that he could transform.

The dog trotted out of the bush and transformed into a man.

Sirius Black.

He had shoulder length shaggy black hair, a sullen pale unshaven face, bloodshot eyes, dirty cheeks, and was wearing tattered and ripped Azkaban prisoner clothes.

He definitely wasn't the cool handsome Sirius that Samantha knew and loved.

"Ahh, Samantha, it's very good to see you again," Sirius said. His voice was hoarse and cracked, like he hasn't spoken in years. Living in Azkaban for twelve, she was sure it was true.

Samantha didn't know how to respond. She simply nodded and eyed him carefully.

Sirius took note of her apprehension and understood. He would be scared out of his mind if he was in her position but Samantha didn't look scared, she looked confused.

He knew Samantha and as a kid, she was very curious and would always want to know the answer. Sirius hoped he could come into contact with her and tell her the real story in hopes of her understanding and taking his side.

He saw her at Diagon Alley and gave up when she didn't notice him and then headed over to Little Whinging. Luckily his Apparation skills were in tact and the Ministry couldn't locate him based off of that.

"Let me explain," he spoke and looked down on her with pleading eyes.

He needed her to understand and hoped she wouldn't freak out and call the Ministry on him.

Sirius then saw that Samantha was holding something in her pocket and knew it was her wand. He smiled slightly. She had her mother's awareness.

"I see you have your wand. Just so you know, I'm not going to hurt you,"

Samantha looked up at him. "I don't think you're going to. If you wanted to hurt me, you would have done it by now,"

Sirius then smiled fully and it sort of felt unnatural. Of course Azkaban offered few smiles so this felt knew to him.

"Will you let me explain?" he asked. "I promise it's an award winning story," Sirius added cheekily.

Samantha smiled slightly and nodded, wanting to see what this was all about.

"Wonderful, now let's see if my Apparation skills are still as good as they were twelve years ago," he said with a little excitement. He already has Apparated a few times but it took some time to get to the right spot. It took twenty minutes just to Apparated from the Leaky Cauldron to Privet Drive.

Sirius held out his arm and Samantha eyed it hesitantly. But something about this situation she felt like she was safe so she took his arm and they Apparated away.