27

C H A P T E R 27

The Gryffindors turned around when they heard Samantha cry out and they were frozen in shock when a blue light hit her right in the back of the neck and fell to the ground. The group stared blankly for a few moments at her motionless body before snapping into reality and looking up at the Slytherins who were either silent in shock at the curse or had a expression of accomplishment for defeating the Potter.

The girls gasped and took a cautious step forward and Katie's icy blue eyes started to brim with tears. She always knew Samantha as the protective courageous one and seeing her lying limp on the cold green ground brought a tightness into her chest.

The twins and Oliver finally broke away from their shocked stare at Samantha and faced the Slytherins. Fred realized that Samantha jumped in front of him since that's where she was lying. Oliver glanced at him and nodded, giving him a message that said: You got this. The red headed gripped his wand and his knuckles turned white as he glared at Marcus Flint who was staring blankly back at him.

His breathing was slightly heavy and his strong stance was slowly fading away as he felt time at stopped. A thought didn't cross his mind that really should have when he was thinking about the jealousy he had felt moments before.

He should have known that Samantha was a Potter and Potters were the epitome of Gryffindor and saving people. This brought a very solemn feeling inside of him when his thoughts finally unfolded. He knew the future was not a pleasant sight.

"FLINT!" Fred and George yelled as they drew their wands out of their pockets. Anger flooded through them and their ears blazed beet red. What just happened couldn't be left alone. Marcus Flint needed to pay and it was up to them to avenge Samantha.

Fred drew back his wand and was ready to duel but Angelina stepped next to him. "Stop Fred. You can't start a duel, you'll get into major trouble!" she spoke with reason. She couldn't imagine the look on McGonagall's or Dumbledore's face if they found out about a duel and from Fourth years who knew quite a bit of magic that could do a lot of harm.

Oliver had been half listening to what's been going on. He was currently the oldest one here and right now, Samantha was lying on the ground motionless and could be dying by the minute. He didn't doubt that this thought wasn't going through everyone's minds, but he knew that they were currently occupied with attacking Flint.

Violence had never been an answer to his problems, except a few hits by a Bludger every now and then, so his thoughts were not on the curses he knew were going through the twins' minds.

Marcus Flint was a very tricky subject when it came to Samantha because they were always hot and cold. One day they could act civil and then the next day they would be at odds which would end up in either a handful of detentions stealing her away from their nightly practices or fueling her anger to where she would play twice as aggressive against Slytherin.

"Stun me Weasley," a voice spoke up from the Slytherin end. "I deserve it," Marcus said softly as he stared at Samantha, biting his lip.

Fred sighed and then looked at his best friend who was now beneath the presence of Oliver who was trying to lift her up.

"We can't just stay here looking at her. We have to take her to the Hospital Wing. Deal with Flint how you see fit," Oliver explained in a rush as he and Angelina lifted Samantha comfortably and started to head up to the castle, Alicia and Katie in tow.