28

C H A P T E R  28

Reginald Montague arrived at the designated place. It was a warehouse, on the outskirts of a muggle town, a town he knew quite well from the numerous meetings.

Quelling the rising rage within him and placing a wall as thick as a mountain in front of his emotions and thoughts, Reginald entered through the old wooden doors.

The area before him had been cleared of all muggle things from the warehouse, but in its place were molten remnants of a cauldron and a tall thin man standing at the edge of it, facing an assembled group who were predominantly made up of guilty and so wheat fearful faces. Evidently, the Dark Lord had already given his irate speech about loyalty and faithful followers and had reprimanded them for their preceding actions.

"Ah, Reginald. My faithful one has finally arrived," Voldemort said smoothly, turning to him as he waved his pale, thin hand toward him.

Montague went forward, keeping himself from hurrying or being too slow. He had to show the proper reverence after all, especially as it was obvious he was the last to arrive (not to mention late).

"My Lord," he said, kneeling a pace from Voldemort's feet. "I have been anxiously waiting for your return. I apologize for my tardiness,"

Reginald knew better than to ask for forgiveness or to give excuses.

"Rise," Voldemort said, pleased and saying nothing about his late arrival.

He was grateful as he stood, keeping his posture completely submissive. Voldemort motioned him back, and he joined the rest of the group.

"So, my Death Eaters," Voldemort said. "As not all of my followers have been idle, we have some things to do tonight, and, perhaps those of you who have disappointed me will begin to repay your unfaithfulness,"

Many people about nodded eagerly.

"Kamalia, Ardolf," Voldemort called.

Montague frowned. He knew those names, of course, but they had not joined the ranks until much later, as they were werewolves under Greyback and had not allied themselves with Voldemort until after the destruction of Hogsmeade.

Kamalia Rendall and Ardolf Lowell came forward and knelt before him. "Yes, my Lord?" they asked.

"Select a few addresses Yaxley acquired from the Archive and, each of you, take three of my Death Eaters. It is time to show the Wizarding World my power. Leave no survivors in these residences,"

They quickly created two groups before standing at the ready to depart to the homes of muggleborns.

"We will storm them. Go," Voldemort hissed mysteriously and then turned to Reginald. "I have a special task for you,"

Reginald wouldn't be lying if he said he was scared out of his mind right now. He could not think of what might be his 'special task.'

• • • • •

He relished the feeling of flight, confident this would not take long.