69

C H A P T E R 69

"So tell me everything," Ron spoke in a rushed voice. He was still a bit groggy but upon waking up the next morning, he instantly asked Samantha, Hermione, and Harry what happened after he left them.

Harry divulged into the story about him and Hermione going back in time to save Buckbeak. Dumbledore wanted to save Buckbeak as soon as he had the chance so they all stayed in his office while Harry and Hermione went back in time.

Sirius pleaded with Dumbledore to go with them but the Headmaster just shook his head with a grin on his face and his eyes shining.

McGonagall took this time to truly survey Sirius. She hadn't seen him in years and her heart quenched when she really noticed just how much Azkaban took a toll on him.

They were the same thoughts Samantha had when she first saw Sirius all those months ago.

She also took this time to let what Samantha said sink in. It still baffled her that Sirius was here and she knew about it. McGonagall wanted to ask Samantha how she had done it so well but she thought it wasn't the best time.

Samantha stayed in the present time in case Dumbledore had any more questions.

Ron listened with his eyes wide. He stared at Hermione and could not believe she hid this from them all year. Ron then smiled when he heard that Buckbeak was currently with Sirius in the Shrieking Shack.

Harry then said that it was him who cast the Stag Patronus that drove away the Dementors and Ron high fived him. Samantha smiled at the memory and nodded in approval when he told her last night. Harry was truly a powerful wizard and Samantha couldn't wait to see how far his potential could travel.

He finished that story and they continued with Samantha telling them what happened with Peter.

"Before he transformed, I remembered something and since Peter was immobile, I could say it without him hearing," Samantha explained. "I told them that Peter was an unregistered Animagus and Sirius told them the story about what they did in school," Samantha then smirked. "McGonagall was livid and Dumbledore seemed quite impressed. He then understood why I wanted to tell them before--"

Harry cut in. "It's so when Sirius is on trial, maybe Peter wouldn't mention that Sirius is an illegal Animagus as well."

Ron nodded in understanding.

"Then Dumbledore thought it was time for Snape to be revived so he could here the truth from Peter. They heard it from me so they had an idea, and I told them that Snape didn't believe any of us," Samantha said and then gave a small smile. "Snape was furious as well and it actually was pretty funny."

Harry chuckled and Samantha continued. "He immediately had to be overpowered by Dumbledore to listen and put his grudges aside. Sirius watched on with an amused grin. Him and I had a laugh about that after. So he stayed silent and sat down next to McGonagall with a very angry expression.

"So once Peter transformed back into himself, Dumbledore asked him some questions and nothing was mentioned about Sirius being an unregistered Animagus so that's a good sign. Dumbledore then turned to Snape and made him swear he wouldn't tell. I saw Snape nod but the look in his eyes said something else. Then under Dumbledore's kind persuasion, Peter admitted to everything. McGonagall wanted to call in Cornelius Fudge right away but Dumbledore said that enough had happened tonight and that he would the next morning.