24

C H A P T E R 24

Unlike last year, Samantha had reverted back to her usual grouchy morning self. This time Alicia woke her up and she begrudgingly slouched to the bathroom to get ready for their first day of classes.

Samantha and the girls walked down the stairs and met the guys. They all headed to the Great Hall for breakfast ready for the new year.

However, Samantha and the twins were anxious to see the mail arrive.

They say down near the trio and started eating breakfast. The three had already had goblets of pumpkin juice and a few pieces of eggs and bacon.

"I can't wait," Fred whispered as the owls swooped in and went to their respected owners to drop packages and or letters.

George chucked when he spotted Errol flying in and crashing onto the table. He smashed into a bowl of toast and rolled over in front of them. The whole crowd watched with wide eyes and then everyone started laughing at the old and frail owl,

Ron's eyes widened when he spotted the red envelope.

"Look, there's the howler," Samantha spoke.

He cautiously opened it and flinched when Mrs. Weasley's voice boomed throughout the Great Hall.

"RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOU'RE FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!"

A few moments of silence passed before Fred and George busted out laughing which led to almost the entire Great Hall laughing and pointing at Ron.

"Guys stop! Howlers aren't funny!" Samantha snapped as she thought about the Howler Aberforth sent her during summer.

"S...sorry," Fred said between laughs as he wiped away tears from laughing too hard.

Ten minutes later, Professor McGonagall handed out their schedules.

"So what do we have first?" George asked.

"DADA," Fred said.

Samantha groaned. "Great. We have to start out our day with that doof!"

"Aw is wittle Samantha Potter sad to see her favorite teacher?" George asked in a baby voice.

The group laughed as they stood up to get their morning books.

"Shove off," she replied angrily.

They walked down the corridor and walked into the classroom. They had it with the Hufflepuffs so at least she didn't have to deal with Flint. Merlin only knows what he would do if he saw her in this class.

"Good morning! Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Arts!" Lockhart started with a wide grin. "I am your new teacher, Gilderoy Lockhart. But obviously you knew that already," he said chucking to himself. He was the only one who did.

"Now, I would like to go through roll call and see who I'm going to be teaching," he said grabbing a few pieces of parchment from his desk.

"Hmm, we have Austin, Brenner..." he announced going through the whole list.

He got to the P's and Samantha groaned again.

"Ahh, Miss Potter. Where are you?" he called out scanning the class.

Samantha tried to put her head down and avoid him but Fred grinned mischievously.

"Here she is Professor," Fred called out raising Samantha's hand in the air.