83

C H A P T E R  83

Samantha didn't move.

Wait, her name was called. Not Angelina's, not Cedric's, not any of the others who entered....but hers.

"But--but--I didn't put my name in," Samantha uttered aloud. Her face was frozen in shock.

The Great Hall clapped and some started to wonder why no one was standing up. Heads were turning towards the Gryffindor table which had a medium amount of applause. The ones who didn't know Samantha were cheering since one from their house was chosen. Her friends were just as shocked as she was.

Samantha then felt someone nudge her. Her face still in shock, she turned to see Hermione gesturing her to go.

Sighing, Samantha stood up, without a glance at her friends, and slowly walked up to Dumbledore who was smiling brightly. She shook his hand and Dumbledore nodded in approval. "Splendid, Samantha."

"Thank you, Professor," she replied politely and headed towards the high table.

All of the teachers, except Snape, gave her encouraging smiles. Samantha nodded in their direction and proceeded towards the chamber doors.

This can't be, she kept thinking. This couldn't. It was impossible because she didn't put her name in.

Once she walked in, Samantha saw Fleur talking to Viktor. They turned to see who the Hogwarts champion was.

"What are you doing here?" Viktor asked, looking just as confused as Samantha. He knew she didn't want to enter.

"I have no idea," she responded shaking her head. "I didn't put my name in."

"Then why was it chosen?"

Samantha shrugged and kept shaking her head, not believing that her name was called. Someone else must have put her name in.

But who?

She didn't even notice Fleur eying her oddly. "I'm Samantha Potter, nice to meet you," Samantha said finally noticing the French woman.

Fleur smiled. "Fleur Delacour."

"I don't get this," Samantha spoke, not forming a coherent thought. Who had put her name in?

"Aren't you excited?" Fleur asked, wondering why Samantha was acting like this.

"Not in the slightest," Samantha said plainly.

Viktor opened up his mouth to speak but was cut off by the doors opening. They turned and Samantha's jaw dropped. "Harry? What are you doing here?" she asked, eyes widening.

Harry opened his mouth a few times but couldn't speak. Then there was a sound of scurrying feet behind them. Ludo Bagman pushed through the doors, grabbed Harry by the arm, and brought him forward to the three.

"Marvelous! Ladies and gentlemen," Ludo announced. "I would love to introduce our fourth champion, Mr. Harry Potter."

"WHAT!" Samantha cried and glared at Ludo who's smile instantly faltered.

"Yeah, zis must be a joke," Fleur added with a small laugh.

"This is no joke. His name just came out of the Goblet of Fire!"

"He--he can't," Samantha spoke, as her breaths became heavy. This was too much.

"But he must," Ludo stated firmly. "His name came out so he must compete!"

"We'll see about that, Bagman," Samantha hissed and glared at him.

Harry was shifting his weight between feet and looked very uncomfortable. Viktor was staring him with raised eyebrows while Fleur looked very confused.