64

Above is an aesthetic for Samantha made by yours truly! I've seen so many authors make them for their characters and I thought I'd make one for mine! What do you think? (I do accept aesthetics, banners, covers, collages...anything! Just PM me!)

Enjoy this chapter! I think you guys are going to like it! I am very very pleased with how its written...just a foreword ;)

C H A P T E R 64

Samantha stood up slowly and didn't know what to say. She didn't know what to ask him. Where he was or what he was doing.

"You--where--what's going on?"

Sirius let out a breath and shakily scratched the back of his neck. "Well I can fully confirm that Peter Pettigrew is not in Harry's dorm."

Samantha's eyebrows instantly rivalled her hairline. "Harry's--what? You went into their dorm? That's where you were?!"

He nodded slowly.

She stood up and then looked out the window of the Shrieking Shack. Samantha could vaguely see and hear the castle walls closing. Great, she was locked out again. And this being the second time, who knew how long they were going to stay closed.

Turning back to Sirius who was looking at her sheepishly, like he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, she spoke, "How did you get in?"

Sirius reached into his pocket and pulled out a small bit of parchment. Samantha instantly recognized that. That was the list of passwords Neville made. "Crookshanks nicked it and brought it to me earlier today, while everyone was out at the match."

"So you think it's a good idea to try and break into the dorm? All by yourself? Do you understand how dangerous that is? Especially after what happened on Halloween?!" Samantha reprimanded.

"I have to find that rat!!" he cried and started to pace. "I can't take this waiting anymore!"

Learning her lesson the first time, instead of telling Sirius to calm down, she let him rant. She didn't understand what he was going through. No one did.

"We'll find him....I promise."

Sirius stopped and looked at her. Her tone was soft yet sincere and a part of him truly wanted to believe it was true.

• • • • •

Samantha once again slept sitting on the old wooden chair and awoke when the sun blazed through the window. She cracked her neck and stretched a bit. Looking back out the window, she didn't know just how locked up the castle was and how she could get back in without looking suspicious.

She glanced at Sirius who was still sleeping on the bed. He finished his rant last night and then went to sleep without much conversation. He had finally reached his breaking point. He had finally come to terms with why he had escaped and how it seemed to be slipping from his frail fingers.

Samantha returned her gaze to the castle and was hoping to see some kind of open entrance. Obviously the entrance door and windows were already sealed shut. Sirius had made it into Harry's dorm this time so she doubted that anything was open.

However, her eyes fell on a tiny sliver of light coming from the southeast side of the castle. It had to be reflecting off of a window. She craned her neck to get a better look and her heart soared when she realized that the light had been coming from the Herbology Greenhouses.