26

C H A P T E R 26

It was Saturday morning and the girls heard a loud banging on their door. The sun was barely up so their room was hidden by the shadows of Gryffindor tower that was just getting it's first feel of the morning rays.

"Oohh what?!" Angelina groaned as she got up and walked over to the door since her bed was the closest. Who could be up this early? It was the first weekend of the year so everyone was sleeping in to make up from the roughness of getting up early.

She opened the door and saw Oliver, Fred, and George standing their in their practice uniforms, broomsticks in hand.

Samantha had rolled over after jolting awake from Angelina's screech. Yes she was an early bird but not so much during the weekends. She scratched her messy bed head and rubbed her eyes, trying to diffuse the three red blurs standing in the doorway.

Fred and George were trying to stay awake while Oliver looked like he was up for hours. His brown eyes lit up with anticipation when the door opened. His expectations soared when Angelina opened the door before he started to get angry because he didn't want to waste any more time He payed no attention to the three angry girls glaring at him.

Fred and George, who were now a bit more awake, gave them apologetic looks and started to give Oliver evil stares that bore the back of his head.

"Wha-" Angelina started in a confused tone but was cut off by a frantic Oliver.

"Quidditch practice! We have to start early because we need as much time as we can get. Now c'mon, time is galleons," he stated in a rushed voice. If he said it a bit quicker, it would have been a jumbled mess. He easily towered over her but didn't give off an intimated stance. Oliver stood in a friendly posture that represented his inviting personality.

Instead of wondering how they even got up to their door without the stairs turning into a slide, Angelina sighed then nodded. It was best to just give in, instead of pick a fight with their captain who could easily work them into insanity. A happy Oliver was a tolerable Oliver. And a tolerable Oliver meant a tolerable practice. Merlin knows they wanted a tolerable practice. They wanted to start the year out in a positive manner, even if it would be at the crack of dawn.

"Ok, ok. Just give us twenty minutes," she said giving in, then yawned which caused Fred and George to yawn, which was a very obnoxious one, of course.

"Great," he spoke, his big brown round eyes lighting up with excitement.

They then mounted their brooms and flew back down the stairs, leaving the three fourth year girls to groan and complain in annoyance.

Angelina turned and saw that the rest of the girls were up, well somewhat up, and already complaining at how early it was. She stomped her foot like a small toddler and went back to her five-four poster to start getting ready. Angelina wanted to take up as much time as she could so when they did start practice, the sun would be fully up and it would easier and more pleasant to work on drills and plays.

"Ok as much as I love Quidditch, I really don't want to go at 7:00 in the morning," Alicia grumbled, grabbing her practice uniform. This statement sort of shocked both Angelina and Samantha since Alicia rarely complained and spoke up. She was the type to stay silent and give off her powerful courage only when it called for it, which was mostly during Quidditch and sometimes during disagreements with the twins. Samantha loved this about Alicia and wished she had this kind of personality instead of her usual outspokenness and tending to do irrational things instead of properly thinking them through.

Angelina was the perfect mix between the two personalities and stood with the perfect amount of independence and strength as a proud lioness.

"Sometimes I worry about him," Samantha wondered, also taking out her uniform from her trunk. Aberforth has folded it nice and neat for her after he congratulated and praised her on the past year. He had always been an avid Quidditch lover but never put the time and effort into playing.