104

Keep in mind that a lot of the second task Black Lake descriptions below are of the Goblet of Fire paraphrased. For those parts that are just of Samantha swimming around and discovering the hostages, they're basically the same as when Harry did it in the actual book sosince JK Rowling wrote it so perfectly, why not pay her homage and keep some of the same descriptions. I would basically be writing the same things but try and change it which would be more of a headache. So enjoy!

C H A P T E R 104

"Come on, Harry, you can do this. One more time!" Samantha said again. It was well into the night and Harry was showing much promise with the Bubblehead Charm.

Harry let out a hefty yawn and slumped down on the red sofa. "Forget it, I'm hopeless. I've barely conjured this spell and it's already 2 in the morning. The task is in seven hours, Samantha."

Samantha shook her head. "Don't give you hope, Harry. I know you can do this."

"I'm personally more concerned with going to Dumbledore about Moody afterwards, if we're being honest. The drive for this task has deeply been overshadowed by this," Harry spoke.

Samantha sat down next to Harry. "Me too, actually....although I do wonder what thing we sorely miss we'll have to find."

Harry thought for a moment. "Yeah I have no idea. Maybe it's a clue for the third task."

"Could be. Maybe they went through our stuff and took a prized possession."

Harry's eyes widened for a second and then let out a small laugh. "Yeah, the Marauder's Map is floating at the bottom of the Black Lake somewhere."

Samantha laughed along with Harry. "Or the Invisibility Cloak?"

They continued to make silly jokes at what could be hidden at the bottom of the Black Lake. Most of their suggestions were not funny in the slightest but due to major exhaustion and slight delirium, anything would sound funny to the two Potters.

In the midst of their laughter and fully settling into how tired and drained they were, Harry and Samantha both fell right asleep on the sofa, in front of the fireplace. Samantha had the most intense dream of her swimming deeper and deeper in the black lake and then being pulled back up by Moody and thrown in a dungeon because he had caught her sneaking around and figuring out he was not who he said he was.

Samantha woke up abruptly and took a few moments to catch her breath. She absolutely did not want to ruin finding out Moody's scheme and risk any danger that might come her way. Rubbing her eyes and letting out a yawn, Samantha looked over at the clock and saw that it was nearing seven in the morning. As she turned to wake up Harry, Samantha almost screeched in surprise.

Lurking in the corner of the common room and slowly approaching them were two large green eyes.

"Hello," it said happily and Samantha let out a sigh of relief.

It was Dobby.

"Hi Dobby."

"Hello and good morning, Samantha Potter. Dobby has come to help Harry Potter," he spoke in a quick and excited tone. As Dobby hopped on the table, he held up his tiny hand and showed Samantha a clenched fist which was holding something.

Samantha raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean? What is that?"

"it is gillyweed, Samantha Potter," Dobby answered and then started to poke at Harry to stir him awake.

"Gillyweed?" Samantha reiterated as she started to remember learning about that in Herbology last year. As she thought about it more and more, her eyes started to widen and a grin was forming on her face. "Dobby, you're a genius!!"