14

C H A P T E R  14

As the week came to an end, it was time for their deciding match against Ravenclaw. The winner of this would face Slytherin in the finals at the end of the month since they crushed Hufflepuff the previous week.

Ravenclaw had a decent team. Roger Davies, a fourth year and friend of Oliver's was a great captain and Justin Cross was a very good Keeper. Justin finally forgave Samantha after a week of her trying to apologize but would just end up laughing instead.

It was time for the match to start and Roger shook hands with Oliver. They flew into the air and Madam Hooch let the Snitch and the Bludgers out.

"The Quaffle is released and let the game begin," Lee Jordan announced. The crowd cheered for Ravenclaw and booed for Gryffindor. They called out names at Harry and hoped Ravenclaw crushed them. Samantha sighed and felt bad for Harry. Having the whole crowd, even most of the Gryffndors, go against him.

Alicia grabbed the Quaffle and passed it to Angelina who ten passed it to Samantha. She turned and flew around a buzzing Bludger. Roger was flying at her to block her so Samantha tried to pass to Angelina but the Quaffle was intercepted by Chaser Jason Samuels. He flew down the pitch and he shoots....

"SAMUELS SCORES!! Ten points to Ravenclaw," Lee announced loudly but a bit annoyed. He caught Samantha's eye and gave her a pointed look that read 'What's going on?'

Something was indeed going on with her. Samantha missed all of her intended passes and missed three out of three shots at the goal. The Gryffindors were now booing at her while the other parts of the crowd were cheering like maniacs. Ravenclaw was leading 80-30. Oliver decided this was the time to call a timeout.

Everyone flew to the ground and were glaring at Samantha. Even the twins were giving her angry looks. No one spoke until Harry decided he had to stand up for her, even if the team hated him as well.

"I know it's going to have to come down to me. I won't let you guys down so for now just please stop blaming Samantha. She's just having an off game," Harry spoke trying to sound confident.

The team sighed and grumbled an 'ok' before mounting their brooms and flying back out to the center of the pitch to resume play. Samantha held back and gave Harry a one arm hug.

"Thank you," she said smiling.

"You're welcome. Now get out of the rut and play like you always do," Harry replied.

Samantha laughed and rolled her eyes. She mounted her broom and flew to where the others were. The game resumed and Samantha tried to sort out why she wasn't playing her best.

Was it nerves? Definitely not. This wasn't her first year. So what was it?

It wasn't any personal problem. Even if she did have something going on, she would never let it get to her playing ability. Quidditch was her escape that let her forget about any problems she may have. A thought then crossed her mind. Earlier in the match she threw it right to Roger, thinking it was Alicia. She felt confused immediately after she had done it.

That was it.

A Confundus charm.

That had to be the answer. There wasn't another explanation as to why she was playing like that. As she flew ahead of Angelina to block any opposing chasers, her eyes quickly scanned the crowd. She first checked the Slytherins since they were most likely the culprits. A certain black haired boy stood out in the crowd as he had his wand out and was discreetly muttering words.

Samantha's mouth dropped and she almost stopped flying. It was Marcus who was cursing her. This didn't surprise her but she never thought he would take such drastic measures to secure a Ravenclaw win. He was a Slytherin, but she thought he had more sense and more of a conscious. This definetly proved her wrong.