81

C H A P T E R  81

"We have a few guests joining us," Snape spoke Monday morning during Double Potions. "Which means I will be assigning new partners. Professor Dumbledore insists we try and incorporate as many friendships as we can," Snape opened the door and five boys walked in.

Samantha, who was sitting next to Adrian, smiled when seeing Marcus. She also saw Viktor Krum and three others she didn't recognize. Why was Viktor in this class when he was seventeen?

Snape walked back to the front of the class and waved his wand at the chalk board. Everyone's name appeared in rows. He waved his wand again and they maneuvered randomly and matched up with another name.

Samantha saw that her name was right next to Viktor Krum. Marcus was partnered with Cedric.

Oh boy, she thought. Hopefully Cedric didn't remember Marcus 'supposedly' cursing her. They really didn't talk about it when they met so hopefully it wouldn't cause any trouble. That was the last thing she needed.

Samantha turned to Adrian who was giving Marcus a small wave. "Looks like this is it, Pucey."

Adrian smirked. "It was fun while it lasted, Potter. Keep it touch?"

"I'll be sure to write twice a week."

The class then stood up and Samantha walked over to Viktor who was already at a table on the left side of the room. She set her bag down and gave him a polite smile.

"I saw your practice," Viktor spoke in his heavy accent. "Quite impressive."

Samantha smiled. "Thank you. I feel honored as this is coming from such an amazing Quidditch player."

Viktor laughed. "I appreciate that."

"So why are you in the sixth year classes? Aren't you seventeen?" she asked as Snape assigned their next potion.

"I vos the only won who would be taking it with the seventh years. My headmaster didn't want me to feel alone, so he sent me to the sixth year class."

Samantha nodded. "Well I hope you enjoy your stay."

"I think I will. I've always liked meeting people from different cultures. One of the things I enjoy most about being on an international team."

Samantha listened intently as Viktor talked. She had to admit that she was quite surprised. From first glance, she thought Viktor would be quiet and one note. But he wasn't like that at all. From how he was speaking, he had a lot of depth to him.

"I really do care about my studies," Viktor spoke as they started to cut up lacewing flies. "Most people would think I would try and blow it off due to Quidditch but that is far from it."

Samantha went to stir the cauldron two times clockwise but Viktor stopped her. She looked at him oddly since that was the next step.

"No," he shook his head.

"But it says--"

"Counter-clockwise," he corrected. "This will make the potion stronger."

"But--"

"Trust me. Potions is my favorite subject back home."

Samantha put back her hands in defense. "Ok, do you thing. But if something happens, you're explaining it to Snape."

Viktor smirked and started to stir the cauldron. Samantha snuck a peak at Marcus and Cedric's table. They seemed to be working fine together. There wasn't much chatter but they would talk when collaborating on the potion.