10

C H A P T E R 10

"Are you sure it was Snape?" Hagrid asked Samantha, Ron, and Harry when they visited him during the first day of break to discuss what happened during the Quidditch match.

Hermione left to visit her parents and Samantha wanted to stay with Harry and the Weasleys.

Ron nodded and explained what happened with Hermione.

"And we found out some stuff about him. Like how he's trying to get past what that three-headed dog was guarding on the third floor," Harry told him.

Hagrid dropped his teacup which shattered all over the table. Samantha took out her wand and repaired it. "Who told you about Fluffy?"

"That beasts' name is Fluffy?" Samantha asked incredulously. "Kinda ironic, don't you think?"

Hagrid just shook his head. "Snape is a Hogwarts teacher. Dumbledore trusts him,"

"So why and who tried to kill Harry during the Quidditch match? Hmm?" Ron pressed curiously.

"Yeh wrong. Just forget it all. What Fluffy is guarding is between Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel," Hagrid said before freezing and realizing what he just said.

"Ah ha," Harry replied picking up on the name Flamel.

And with that, the three left his hut and went back up to the castle to get started on finding out who Nicolas Flamel is and what he has to do with what Fluffy was guarding.

Samantha left the boys in the library and met Fred and George out by the courtyard. The girls and Lee went home for the break to be with their families.

She noticed that the two had their wands out and they were levitating snowballs to follow Quirrell who just walked by. They were bouncing off the back of his turban.

"Guys," she started but stopped and was taken over by laughter. She was going to stop them just in case a teacher walked by but the sight of the oblivious Quirrell getting hit by snowballs was just too funny.

"Potter! Weasleys! That's detention!" McGonagall called out to them. "Tomorrow night after dinner, my office," she stormed away muttering about how they never listened to authority.

The snowballs stopped and fell to the ground making a mess on the corridor floor.

"So worth it," George said laughing.

Samantha and Fred agreed even though she had nothing to do with it.

The three trudged down to McGonagall's office the next night and were still laughing at the sole reason that got them there. They instantly stopped when the stern professor opened her door and led them to the front desks of her classroom.

She stood at her desk and crossed her arms over her chest. Her eyes stared them down and her lips were pursed. They would be intimidated if they weren't used to seeing this almost every class.

"I would provide a much more severe punishment but it is the holidays and as odd as it may seem, I do have some festive cheer. Just complete a full page of lines and wait until you're all done," she explained simply and gestures to the quill, ink, and parchment on each of the three desks.

The trio sat down and began to copy down the statement that McGonagall wrote on her blackboard. 'I will not charm snowballs'

Samantha suppressed a laugh at this and started writing. Twenty minutes later, they all finished.

"One more thing," McGonagall called out to them when they reached the door. "I'm not going to bother saying behave because I know you three won't. Have a nice night,"