62

C H A P T E R  62

This could not be happening.

Cedric stood there wide eyed and his jaw dropped. He could not believe that Sirius Black was standing there and next to Samantha as if it wasn't anything new. As if she wasn't bothered that he was a mass murderer.

Samantha instantly froze. They were finally able to get Pettigrew and she had to be careless and expose Sirius. However, she suddenly broke from her shocked state and took out her wand.

"Stupefy," she cried and aimed right at Cedric.

He instantly fell to the ground.

She stared at him with a deeply saddened expression and couldn't believe that she had to stun him. But Samantha had to act fast and couldn't let Cedric leave and go tell someone.

"I--how--what--what are we going to do?" Samantha quickly asked Sirius in a frantic tone.

Sirius took a large breath and threaded his fingers though his hair a few times. "I--perform a memory charm?"

Samantha furrowed her eyebrows and groaned. "We haven't learned selective memory charms yet. That's a NEWT level topic."

"And I haven't done that type of magic in years. Far too advanced for me, I wouldn't want to damage any other memories. That could cause some suspicion if ever brought up," Sirius added. He then started to pace up and down. "Maybe we can talk to him--"

Samantha immediately cut in. "And what? Hmm? As much as I would argue that Cedric is very trustworthy, this is far too big to talk about with anyone who shouldn't be involved."

Sirius groaned in frustration. "Then what's your grand idea? Let him walk around knowing what he saw?"

"Just calm down."

That was the wrong thing for Samantha to say.

His grey eyes started to widen. "Calm down? You want me to calm down? I risked my life escaping Azkaban and now I may have to go back because you're little boyfriend saw how careless you were?!"

That did it.

That was the last thing she expected Sirius to say to her, especially after how much they've been through and depended on each other.

Samantha took a step back and stared at the ground. Sirius was right. He put everything on the table and it was now her fault that it could all be for nothing.

Sirius started to pace again and then looked down at Crookshanks who was trotting around Cedric. He then looked at Samantha and noticed that she probably wasn't going to say anything anytime soon. A pang hit his heart when he saw her reaction but Sirius couldn't help it. It was true and this was far bigger than anyone's feelings. "If this only never happened," he muttered.

Never happened.

At first, Samantha wondered what Sirius meant by that. Was there some underlining meaning of them reuniting and him ever asking for her help? Did he regret that and wished he had done this by himself? Would have that been easier? Samantha stayed silent in her thoughts and fought hard to shove any negative thoughts away. Now was not the time to think about emotions, she had to act fast to solve this.