(1) Monaco

Amélie

Amélie

With my best friends, Lucia and Olivia, we have decided to travel to Monte Carlo, Monaco after the three of us finished our law degree. It was our way of celebrating having finished the tedious degree, although we will still have the thesis and private exams, but that would be until mid-summer.

We have saved enough money to be able to be in the city during the Formula One race. Olivia really liked the whole car thing and it happened that she ended up dragging us into her passion with formula one and all the motorsport thing.

Personally, I found the speed exciting but at the same time I was terrified of the accidents that occurred in these races. Such as the one that had happened to the local hero, Charles Leclerc, in the classifications that made him not run in the 2021 Grand Prix of Monaco.

But we didn't care that Charles wouldn't  participate because we were going to see Lando Norris, driver from Mclaren. The three of us had a platonic love for him since we started watching all the GPs a few years ago, but of course one more than the other. Olivia had a stronger crush with Pierre Gasly while Lucia did have it with Charles.

Lu was a little disappointed because his favorite runner was not participating in the race we were going to attend for the first time.

She has brown skin with black hair and curlers, she has hazel eyes that made you doubt if yours were really pretty even if they were light. Her complexion was robust for being Colombian, Lucy was the perfect stereotype of how boys imagined Latinas.

While Olivia, being American, has blonde hair with freckles on her face and navy blue eyes. It could be said that we were all a clear example of what our country offered but the mixture of cultures made us a perfect combo.

I am Venezuelan but at the age of five I moved to Miami because of the situation that my country experiences every day.

I'm a very ordinary girl, compared to my friends, but I had my essence. My skin is kind of olive, dark green eyes —sometimes I wondered if my father had that eye color since no one in my maternal family had them— I have marked dimples, a pointed nose and  brown hair. My body is a mix between a European girl and a Latin girl, I have my mother's hips but my attributes were normal.

I have lived with my mother all my life and I don't know anything about my father, the only thing my mother has told me is that he had helped us migrate when I was just a kid, that he was from Monaco and that he had recently passed away.

I didn't even get the chance to meet the man who got my mother pregnant when they met on a cruise ship and decided to spend the night together.

For me it was better, he had only sent money during my childhood years and I wouldn't consider him my father. That's why I carry my mother's last name, Mendoza, instead of my father's, which I never wanted to know.