(48) Woking

Warning: This chapter may contain sensitive topics, if you don't like them you can skip it.

Lando Norris

These two weeks before the last grand prix were supposed to be to rest and fully prepare to give my best until the end, but it seemed that today I was not going to be able to do it.

I had decided to stream on Twitch with Max until very late, maybe I went to bed at 11pm and my sleep was interrupted a few hours later.

I received a call at two in the morning from an unknown number. I didn't know whether to answer or not because he was from my country and I was here, but from a different city, so when I saw that he wasn't exactly from the same place I was, I worried more.

I didn't know anyone who lived in Brackley.

Or so I thought until I answered.

"Hello?" I picked up the call.

I could hear thousands of noises on the other side, especially music and voices, so I deduced that it was someone at a party "Who is speaking?" I spoke again when I wasn't listening to what they were saying.

"Lando!" A thick voice was finally heard.

"Who are you?" I asked again still half asleep.

"You seriously don't recognize me?"

I only knew that she was a girl and that she was wearing many glasses because she could barely articulate her words, "No, who's speaking? If you don't say it I'll hang up" it bothered me that he didn't say who he was and interrupted my sleep for bullshit.

"I'm Amelie!"

Shit.

I didn't want to talk to her now.

The last time I saw her I was so disappointed in who I thought I knew.

She had lied to me thousands of times saying things she hadn't done and nothing else to create hatred from her family towards me. I hadn't done anything and she was crazy, making things up just to keep me away from her.

But now she was calling me at two in the morning with a drunk on top.

"What do you need? You're drunk, right?" I asked angrily.

"A little" she began to laugh with her typical giggle "But look at the photo I'll send you" she mentioned even more amused.

I did as she asked and checked the message she sent.

It was nothing more and nothing less than a "fuck you" made with cocaine.

"What the hell, Amelie? Are you getting that crap?" I questioned him more angrily.

"Nah" she hesitated a moment" Well, yes, but shhh. Don't say anything because if anyone finds out, for example, Charles, he'll kill me."

I began to worry much more, the girl was drugged and who knows where and the only thing that worried her was that her brother would find out "Are there no paparazzi where you are?"

"No idea. I've been in this house for a long time."

"Where are you?"

"You know, I came to England yesterday, but I'm very far from you." Her words came out slow and deliberate.

She hadn't been using a little cocaine, she had been a lot.

"What part of Brackley are you in?" I kept insisting.

"I have no idea, but I called you because I wanted to tell you some things."

I needed to be patient, "Tell me..."