(19) Krankenhaus

Lando Norris

Lando Norris

I felt too dizzy, like I was in another universe.

I was in a completely white room sitting in an armchair with a girl next to me who was not Amélie. I didn't remember how she had gotten here, and even less what happened to my girl after we entered the bar to celebrate. My last memory was when Amélie told me that she was going to go get something to drink at the bar, and from there I have no slightest idea of what happened that night.

The person next to me was almost naked, and I was really worried that I had done something I might regret. I got up suddenly and noticed that she had all my clothes, the girl started laughing like a horse and took out of her underwear a small bag with something white, surely it was cocaine.

Had she drugged me?

"Want more?" she asked between laughs as she stood up too.

"Is that cocaine?" I questioned something upset, and that made the girl stop laughing and get serious. "Did you drug me?" This time I was yelling at her.

"Hey? You were the one who asked me in the first place." She got defensive.

"And how come I don't remember anything?"

"Well, because you ordered a drink that had ecstasy in it, that's not my fault anymore," she clarified, and I couldn't help but be more alarmed.

I half remember that a waitress came to leave drinks on the table and I took what they brought, but I never knew exactly what I was drinking.

She continued talking when she realized my confusion," Then they sent me to do my job, and you were the one who chose me, I danced almost all night, and then you asked me to come here to relax and that's when you saw my bag and wanted more of what you had already consumed during the course of the hours in your drink."

"Don't fuck with me, did I do all that?" I took out my cell phone, alarmed, and it was three in the morning.

I had a lot of missed calls from an unknown number and also some messages from Amélie, saying that she was extremely angry and needed my help about an hour and a half ago, and then I stopped receiving messages from her.

I started to worry too much about Amélie. I wanted to know where she was right now and to be able to explain things to her. I dialed her number, but I didn't receive any answer. It went straight to the mailbox, and again the number that hadn't stopped calling me made my cell phone ring again.

I was still a bit disoriented, but as soon as I could, I answered the phone. "Lando?" asked a male voice that I remembered from somewhere, but I didn't know exactly where.

"Who am I talking to?" I answered, still somewhat upset.

"I'm Walter, I don't know if you remember me," of course I knew who that asshole was. "I was just calling to let me know that I'm in the hospital with Amélie."