(54) Spider-Man

Amelie Leclerc

It had been almost a week since I got the Brit out of jail for swimming with Monako on private property.

Let's just say things were starting to get back to normal a bit after that and give him some clarification as to why I decided to end it and obviously my actions as well.

"So you will give me an explanation?" Lando asked, surprised after arriving home.

"Yes!"

"But you don't do it because I asked?"

"Nope! Well, yes, but you're right and I decided that I want to give it."

"Okay, I'm listening." He sat down on the armchairs in the living room and Mona leaned back on her lap.

I sat next to her and began to speak again.

"Okay, well, it all started after I returned to Miami from Italy to appropriate the last name. The problem was that there was a clause that said that I couldn't relate to anyone in motorsports and I had no idea that it existed because in the documents that Charles sent you didn't look at it because it was such small letters, now it is no longer the appeal I made when applying to Mercedes. However, at the time it was my only escape after the photo and half a video of us having sex leaked. Maybe he will think about whether he really had to continue that closure after signing, but he was clear about the consequences and we both know that after Monza things were not very good between us. I went with Walter for evidence for the lawsuit, not because I was going to go back with him, you didn't believe me and I'm so upset that you weren't trusting m.e"

I stopped for a second to get a drink of water.

Lando knew that he annoyed me terribly to be interrupted, so he didn't and I continued.

"The point here is that I began to doubt if it was worth it and then I realized that it was not because our professional life was being ruined. This really wasn't going to last forever to give up all my effort and yours to be successful for a relationship. So with all the pain in my heart I ended up in Austin, still loving you. A few weeks later I saw you with Luisa and it broke my soul a lot to see how you did what I asked you not to do, that is, to be replaced by a model. I wrote you the letter, I didn't receive an answer for weeks until, as you say, Luisa wrote me messages that made me hate you. She blocked me from your number and I did it back. I tried at all costs to forget you, I even tried to start something with George, but everything leads me to you. I still love you and I know it hurts me more, but there are feelings that cannot be controlled."

I finished my story with a sigh.

He saw me with a smile on his lips and I couldn't help but smile too.

He said something that paralyzed me, but at the same time I already knew that, "I still love you, despite everything."

I didn't know what to do now and he had noticed that so he ended up hugging me.

"I think we deserve a second chance," he spoke in the middle of the squeeze.

I nodded, because he was right.

None had done things right, but we realized that even though we tried our feelings are still there and lead us to be together.

"But this time we have to do it right." I said in the middle of a giggle. "And slowly" with that comment he joined me in laughing.

In the end, I did accept that he would stay in the apartment because he had come with the purpose of giving the dog happiness and for that he had to live with him. According to what the doctor told us, Monako was reacting quite well and the percentage that she had of possible death had gone down a bit, so we had to continue that way. Mona had made us reconcile, he wanted to see us do it, Lando would stay for me too, for us anyway.