(15) Wedding Date

Óye, Mariano's on his way

He told me that the man of my dreams would be just out of reach

Amélie

Finally, it was Tuesday, and we were getting ready to go to church to attend the wedding celebration of a very good childhood friend of mine. Marylee studied with me in pre-kindergarten, and we were pretty good friends for the next few years. We grew apart a bit when I started having problems in high school, but we started talking again when she went to college in Miami, and she came to Spain to study her dream, sports journalism.

I was sure that when she saw Lando enter her wedding she would be very happy, since by studying that type of race you know a lot about the world in which Lando surrounds himself, so it was a surprise that the Briton would arrive. Marylee just knew that I was bringing a partner, but not exactly who.

I was trying to do some updo in my hair because of the heat, but it was impossible for me, and I was already stressing myself, "What if I go with my hair down?" I asked Lando, coming out of the bathroom to show him the mess I made with my hair.

"Do we still have time?" He asked curiously, not paying attention to my question.

"Yes, it's still almost an hour before we have to be there, but I still don't need much time to finish getting ready. Just answer, loose or collected?"I insisted.

I still needed to put on makeup and change. We had come early from the flight from France, but we spent almost the whole day sleeping because we were both so tired and for a while in the hotel pool so it was time for me and we would probably arrive a little late.

"Don't stress" oh as if that was going to take it away from me. "I'll call Carlos to ask Isa to send a stylist, relax."

"Lando, I can get pretty on my own, I don't need a professional," he rolled his eyes at my comment and took his cell phone to call the Spanish man.

Not even ten minutes passed, and I already had two stylists in my room, one doing my makeup and the other doing my hair. Lando had gone to take a shower to leave me the room alone, and he could also get ready in peace.

I ended up wearing a long navy blue dress with a V-shaped neckline and the back was exposed only with a few small intertwined straps, it was simple but perfect for the occasion. My hairstyle was braids on my scalp and the rest loose with waves, and my makeup was in nude tones, natural.

Lando came out of the bathroom already dressed in black dress pants, the same color jacket, a white shirt, and a navy blue tie. Without realizing it, he had combined his adornment with the same color as my dress, making us look like an incredible couple, but clearly Lando was going to stand out at this party because he looked like a Greek god, and it was him.