(24) Confessions

Lando Norris

Lando Norris

"Are you fucking Lucy?" I asked upset when I saw the scene inside the elevator.

"It's not what it seems," Millie's friend spoke up.

"Don't make me look like a fool. Look at your lipstick, you have it all smeared and Charles has it on his face" I pointed to both of their mouths.

"Lando, what happened?" Who are you talking to?" Max asked. I listened as the call was still in progress.

As I was able to block the cell phone, making the call hang up. I will explain this all later to him.

"But it doesn't mean we're having sex," Charles said trying to calm the situation down.

They both got out of the elevator to see if they could calm me down, so that I would not talk about it. But that is just impossible.

"So what is Lucia doing here then?" I asked him, expecting good explanations for this.

"Eh, well," He says nervously, "A business trip."

"And are you going to tell me that the business trip includes kissing a girl who has a boyfriend?" And let's not remember that you also have a girlfriend.

"It's not a big deal," Charles said this time, angrier.

"You know, do what you do with your relationships, but keep me out of all the trouble."

I got into the elevator and when the doors were about to close I heard Lucy beg, "Please don't tell Amélie."

How was I not supposed to tell her that one of her best friends and her brother were cheating on their partners together?

It was impossible for me not to.

Besides, Charles was bothering us all the time that we couldn't be together and it's not like we've made it official. We accept it ourselves because the matter is complicated and I understand perfectly the whole process they have to go through, but it seems very unfair that he does whatever he wants with whoever he wants and Amélie can't, just because she's a Leclerc not revealed to the public.

For the time being I won't mention anything to her until I find the perfect occasion to reveal it to her. It would be better if by then Lucia had already told her that she was having an affair with her half-brother, although, most likely, she would not mention anything to her.

I went down to the lobby to meet up with Max and resolved what I was talking about on the phone. Surely he would ask me for an explanation of who I spoke to when I got on the elevator and more because he loved the mess that existed between the pilots, gossip in general.

"Helloo!" I greeted him, hoping he wouldn't bring it up.

"Hey! I've already arranged everything with Charlotte so that we can leave early tomorrow and take the things to Amélie's apartment." He confirmed my plans.