(40) Dismiss

Amélie Leclerc

Amélie Leclerc

Another week without going to work.

I no longer knew where I got tears from because I had cried for about three weeks, almost every day.

But today, finally, had been the day I felt strong enough to face the world without shedding another cry.

Even Monako was feeling fine again.

If I had a good attitude, so did he, so I must be resistant to pain for him.

The night before my mother had come to try to cheer me up for the umpteenth time and in her last attempt she had succeeded.

I had probably fallen asleep on me after crying all afternoon because I didn't hear the thousands of times my apartment doorbell rang.

Until a bark from Monako made me react.

And after that came the sound of my mother yelling, "Amélie Leclerc Mendoza open the damn door and stop crying for once!"

I got up groggily and went straight to the door to see my mother extremely upset.

She passed by like it was her house and petted Monako before coming to hug me.

"Look at you girl, you haven't even showered in days and you're still wearing the clothes I left behind," she spoke the moment she broke away from my arms.

I shrugged my shoulders, dismissing her, and headed to the kitchen to serve Monako food. I could not eat, but he had to because he was in full development.

Although it seemed that he also had lost his appetite a bit because he didn't even demand food from me like before.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and drank a lot of it because I was so dehydrated from crying.

My mother went into the kitchen and took several things out of the pantry to then start cooking them. I didn't even pay attention to it and went to the living room to watch a movie or something, anything that distracted me was worth it.

I had not activated my social networks, since every time he put me into gossip accounts I was tagged. They literally needed something new to talk about because they were already killing me with everything.

Those who thought that because I now have my public life they had the right to throw hate at me through any network were out of their minds. No one in the world, not even a celebrity, deserves to receive death threat messages or insults simply for being related to someone more famous.

A few minutes later Malena put a plate on the table with arepas, which were a bit impossible to resist and my stomach understood by making a loud noise," You haven't eaten anything in days, please eat a little. You're already taking it to an extreme, it's just a breakup and someone better will come along."