(2) Half Sister

Charles Leclerc

Charles Leclerc

"What a good joke, Charles." Amélie replied while laughing out loud.

When I saw Amélie on the court with her friends I knew it was her with her birthmark, which I also had, so this confirmed it to me.

All of us Leclerc's had a birthmark on the back, similar to a spot but a little bit bigger, and she has it in the same place that me and my brothers have it.

She also featured my father's common dimples, as well as his green eyes, and most importantly had Venus dimples on her back. That was seen in the Leclerc family for every three generations, that means, the third child of a Leclerc had to have these dimples in the threshold zone.

And Amélie is the third daughter of my father so it was another aspect that we had to confirm if she truly was from her origin.

My father, Hervé Leclerc, before he passed away he told me that we had a half sister. Amélie Mendoza is the other daughter that my father had, outside of my parents' marriage. I never imagined that he could do something like this. I admired my father a lot but I understood it when I saw Maria Elena, Amélie's mother, in photos for the first time.

I also saw pictures of Amélie, since my father left her name in his testament and how he wanted her to adopt our last name if she wanted to claim what Hervé had left her.

"Believe me, I also want this to be a joke" it's not that it was nice to find out that there really was a person that my father mentioned before he died.

"That's impossible. My last name is Mendoza, not Leclerc" she insisted.

"Do you know who your father is?"It couldn't be a coincidence that all aspects of my half sister had them, she was truly a Leclerc.

"No, but that has nothing to do with it."

"Well, if you don't believe me, you can check it " just as if it wasn't her, then better for us.

She was a bastard daughter so it wasn't convenient to recognize her as a Leclerc.

"Give me reasons to believe you" I already had the answers to all of her questions so this would be easy for me.

"Let's see, first of all, we look a lot like each other physically and you can see that in the photo we took before the race. Second, your birthmark, I have the same one in the same place. If you want I can show it to you later since now I can't take off my suit. Third, you have the Venus dimples and that only the third son or daughter of a Leclerc has, which is you. Fourth, you have the same eyes as our father, green and dark. You can ask your mother, Maria Elena, if you want " I mentioned her reasons and I moved away from her to go with my teammate Carlos.

I should let her analyze things and ask her mother.

Another option was to do a DNA test, where it would come out that one of our relatives was her father, and then I had to believe my father when he said that he had another daughter.