(32) Good Luck Charm

Monza, Italy

Monza, Italy.

Sunday, September 12, 2021.

2:30 p.m.

Amélie

And the day came.

So much that I wished it wouldn't happen and it was being the best birthday of my life.

It wasn't even a special age; Turning twenty-two wasn't a big deal for me, but the day was so perfect that I couldn't deal with happiness.

I had woken up with a huge bouquet of red and pink tulips being held by a British man without a single item of clothing. In fact, the only thing that covered his private parts were my flowers.

He also had in his other hand a shopping bag from the Saint Laurent store. I was excited to know what was inside, since I had never in my life had anything from that store or any that was luxury, I almost always bought cheaper replicas.

"Happy birthday baby," he told me with his hoarse voice that he had just woken up.

"Thank you, handsome." He approached me while I was still lying down and I tilted my head forward so I could kiss him.

We didn't even care about morning breath anymore.

Last night we went to dinner to celebrate my twenty-two because we knew that today was going to be very complicated because of the race and then going out to a bar for the triumph of whoever had won. Besides, I wanted to eat with my parents and thank them for everything they had done for me during those twenty-two years, especially my mother; doing it by partying and having to get a babysitter wasn't the best way to say thank you.

We all went, Malena, Héctor, Anto, Livvie, Lucy, even Lando's best friend, Max, with his girlfriend, and obviously my favorite British guy. And when we got back to the room we made love and then we went to sleep, even though we would have loved to be in action all night, but it was not possible because he had to be one hundred today for the race.

Inside the Saint Laurent bag there was a divine bag that could perfectly match the outfit I had in mind for tonight.

Right now we were in the Mclaren garage, specifically Lando's, and they were asking us that only a few people be here during the race because of the covid issue and the rest go to a private terrace.

We ended up doing what we wanted and Livvie and Lucy stayed in Ricciardo's part, while my family, Max and I stayed in Lando's. Despite the fact that they asked us, none of them wanted to watch it from a television because that way it would be almost the same as watching it from home.

Lando intervened for us and since he was the pilot they let us stay, although they had made Anto and Dad go to Daniel's so there wouldn't be so many people.

Monako was also with us. It had taken us a lot to settle down and stop wanting to throw himself at his dad all the time, but we'd done it after a while.