(13) France

Amélie

Amélie

After rushing from my office to the airport on Friday night, traveling eleven hours by plane and another hour on the road I am finally at the Circuit Paul Ricard in France. I couldn't get permission from my work to not come on Thursday, so I had to make the decision to leave as soon as I left on Friday and so I did, with a lot of stress and adrenaline but everything to support the British.

Practice one and two hadn't gone so well for him, at least he was in the top ten. I was in the McLaren garage to watch practice three and qualifying.

When Lando saw me enter the paddock he ran to me and carried me in his arms, spinning me around until we were both dizzy.

"You did it, you came!" he spoke enthusiastically as I slipped out of his arms. "What time did you get here?" He asked curiously, seeing me walk in just in time for practice three.

"I literally came from the airport, my flight landed an hour ago," I told him with a mocking smile.

"And when did you change?" When we were video calling before the plane took off, I was wearing comfortable clothes. It seemed that I was in pajamas, but I literally spent the entire flight sleeping, and now I was wearing loose white shorts with a black body top and a bag of the same color plus the VIP paddock pass.

"In the car, on the way" I kept marking my dimples with the grimace that I had on my lips for all the madness that happened. But here I am and that is the important thing.

Lando shook his head and copied my gesture. "Thanks, really."

"It is a pleasure for me. I never thought I was going to be at three grands prix and be in the paddock."

And believe me there will be more.

We began to walk towards his team's position with a somewhat prudent distance so that they would not associate us or we would appear in photos of some photographer together. We where both clear that it was not convenient for them to see us on the networks after everything we've been through and the rumors that have been created thanks to them.

I saw George in the distance and he waved his hand at me, to which I repeated with a happy but controlled smile. I continued on my way to Lando's pits. Being in this the whole team was ready to start practice three, he put some headphones on me and I watched as the Briton got into his car and made a good time, finally being in position six.

When practice was over, Lando and I went to the hospitality for lunch, for the one and a half hour break they had until qualifying, along with Daniel and the team's reserve driver, Stoffel. In the last race I didn't have the opportunity to meet them very much and I was hoping that at this lunch before qualifying I could introduce myself to more participants in the sport.

"So you're the girl from Monaco?" Ricciardo asked curiously.

I laughed at his comment as he gave her an answer, "I'm not from Monaco, but if you mean that's where I met them, yes."