(43)Testament

Amelie Leclerc

Amelie Leclerc

How disgusting it felt to have to go back to Monaco.

Every corner I went to reminded me of him, especially Charles's apartment.

My only reason for being here was because I needed to receive the properties that my biological father had left me and also to get completely away from the paparazzi, since in this city it was not so common for celebrities to be photographed because it is the place where they reside and it is your privacy.

I really liked the city, but it brought me back to the moment I met it and everything that we lived here.

How sad it was to see how Lando and I had gotten to know each other so much in such a short time, we told each other many secrets, our fears, the things we love and hate; I know everything about him and he knows everything about me, however, we have ended up becoming two complete strangers again, pretending that we did not know each other, but now with memories.

And I was saying this because I didn't receive a single thank you for that letter I wrote to the Briton for his birthday, although, well, I didn't expect anything from it knowing that he was already with someone else and this only confirmed that he was happy with her.

I was walking through the Leclerc's country house and I watched as a black-haired girl quickly left the room that I had been told was Arthur's. I think I've seen her before, but I didn't remember exactly where and it was difficult for me to distinguish her in the darkness of the night.

The house was quite large and my concept of a rural home to spend the holidays was very wrong to what this place really was, it looked like a castle, and the most beautiful thing was that it had a huge garden where Mona was more than enjoying her freedom and there was also a pier that overlooked the Mediterranean Sea. Clearly, the view was beautiful from wherever you saw it.

It looked more like a farm, what they called a simple house, it had five rooms with beds, another three rooms, but these were for sports or to play chess or billiards, two kitchens, two enormous dining rooms, a balcony in each room and various bathrooms. It was all too big and apparently it was in my name, however, I was not going to take away the family vacation home just because it was in my name, despite the fact that they insisted that it was better that I adapt it my way and if I wanted could live there. Obviously, I refused, although it would not be a bad idea to live in Monaco and start from scratch, but for my feelings it was a bad idea.

I walked into one of the eat-in kitchens and noticed that Charles was having a video chat with Lucy about the baby. Now that he thought about it, they hardly ever talked about anything other than my half-brother's possible child.

Perhaps he was just supporting her with the issue of pregnancy and that the boy or girl is fine, but he really does not want her for anything else.

At least he was helping her, the trouble was that Lucy probably wanted more than that.