(6) Larvotto

Amélie

Amélie

It was Friday again and the whole week in Monaco had been so strange.

Lando had invited me to the Azerbaijan GP, and I couldn't say no, even though my flight to Miami was scheduled for next Tuesday.

Charles wrote to me during the days to find out if I had read the document and what I thought of it. Yes, I had analyzed and read it, but I didn't think it was the best thing to change my last name. We had done a DNA test last Tuesday, but they wouldn't give us the results until next Monday. In my opinion, I had a good life outside the world of this sport, and I didn't need to be a Leclerc to be happy. I would prefer to continue being an amateur who was not so passionate about formula 1 but liked to observe it sometimes.

I was supposed to go back to my city, so I could prepare for my thesis and work, but these boys had drastically changed my plans.

I was getting ready with the girls to go to the beach with them. Liv and Lucy still did not know that I would stay here and then travel to Azerbaijan. If I told them they would want to come with me, and it was not convincing that three people, never seen before, were in The McLaren garage. So, I've been keeping it a secret that I'm going to the next race and that I'm a Leclerc.

The drivers' hotel had the advantage that it was on the seashore, so there would be no problem getting in and there would be fewer paparazzi. I just hoped that Olivia wouldn't do the same thing that happened at the casino, because otherwise everyone would notice that we were starting to hang around more with them.

They were supposed to send a driver for us at eight in the morning, but it was already nine and no one had arrived.

"Are you sure we were invited?" Lucia asked for the fifth time. "The photos they have published say that they are already at the sea". I had already seen that on social media, so I did not need to be reminded.

"Yes! Charles wrote to me last night asking if we wanted to go "I showed them the conversation "I don't understand why you doubt me"

"And you can't call him?" Olivia suggested.

"I already wrote to him; it would be very intense of me to also call him" I spoke with boredom.

"I propose we go on our own and if we find them, we ignore them for leaving us standing. "Lucía's idea was not bad.

The three of us were already ready with our bikinis on under the bathrobes. We wouldn't waste having woken up early and tidying up just because they didn't send anyone for us.

"I think it's a good idea. I'll order a taxi to get there faster." I was about to take out my cell phone to call the taxi, but Olivia interrupted me.

"Or we can walk," she suggested.

"Do you want us to arrive sweating like pigs?" Lucy asked with hatred.

"I'm just saying that we've already spent enough money to go out with them, it's better to walk than to spend a lot more just to go where they are" and in fact she was right.