(45) Graduation

Lando Norris

"Well, the appeal for the closure of not being able to be related to anyone in motorsport" Charles mentioned coolly.

"And why the hell didn't I know this? " again he was upset.

"She didn't tell you in the letter and that's why you're looking for her?" His voice was strange now.

"No! She just said that she had broken up with me for something else, but she didn't explain exactly why. That's why I wanted to look for her."

Sainz's face was uncomfortable so he got up from the table and waved goodbye to him so as not to interrupt our conversation.

"Why hadn't you applied for the appeal before? If she says she loves me she would have done it sooner" I was doing more than a quiz to the half-brother, but I needed immediate answers if she wasn't going to give them to me.

"She did try, but dad's lawyer mentioned that he had made it very clear that he didn't want her to have any sentimental relationship with anyone in our world and she felt that it was better to listen to him, that he asked for it for a reason" he explained" Besides, at the last minute she found out about that closure so she didn't have much of a choice.

"And why didn't she tell me about it instead of finishing me off?"

" Look, I wouldn't know how to answer that question, but what I can tell you is that she did it for the good of your career and now that she's half fixed it, she's trying to focus on hers. She wants a new beginning and as she was a few days ago I can assure you that she does not want to be with you anymore in this new stage of her life."

He started to get up from his chair, but I interrupted him. "What do you mean by new stage? Is she with someone already?" I continued with the interrogation.

"No, she is applying for a law position at Mercedes," he commented exactly what she was referring to. "I have to go, but look her up if you want answers. The other week is her graduation maybe you make time to get there, surely you can talk to her there."

He wriggled out of my grasp and walked out of the hospitality room, leaving me even more confused than before.

Why was she applying to Mercedes?

That didn't make much sense to me, I didn't think her thing was always to be involved in sports. Maybe I didn't know her as well as I thought, maybe she was already changing and she was probably getting over me.

The problem was that even though I moved on with my life, my thoughts and heart are in her, but hers may not be and that's why she didn't even tell me.

If she believed that getting away from me was for the benefit of my career, she was very wrong because now I had a very bad time every time and it was very difficult for me to get good points.

She says that she loves me, but knowing this I don't know if she really does.

I feel like if she really loved me she would have told me.

Although at some point she understands her, because when everything got messy, my image was quite damaged and perhaps she assumed that by not seeing me anymore, everything would return to normal. And also, surely, that she thought that it was not well seen for two surnames involved in sports to relate more than they should, especially when they were opponents, but who cares what the world says.

Well, she does.

But she shouldn't care about the outside before us, because she couldn't just assume her real explanations. Now more than ever he needed a concrete answer, so he was going to do everything he could to go to her graduation and try to work things out with her.