(60) Valentine's Day

Amelie Leclerc

Amelie Leclerc

We had been living in Monaco for a few weeks and today is Valentine's Day. In the United States it was very commercialized and I ended up hating the date. But this was my first Valentine's Day with Lando and I did want to have a nice memory with him.

I had planned to organize a type of picnic in the backyard of the house, more than anything by lowering the garden plot on the seashore. We are going to be alone being a private property and that was what I liked the most.

At the same time it was a way to escape the tension that was created from Dubai and now the new season of Formula One that was about to start.

I woke up earlier than usual and got ready to cook everything for the breakfast picnic. Yesterday I had bought strawberries dipped in dark and white chocolate, and also a cheese board. Right now, I was making some bagels and mimosas.

It was something simple, but with love.

The girl who helped us with the housework, Carmen, helped me organize everything in the sand, while I bathed and got ready to go wake up Lando.

Ready I left my closet and returned to the room where he was not in bed.

"Lando!" I yelled through the halls to find him.

I still wasn't completely used to how big the house was and sometimes I got lost, but now I urgently needed to find it.

I looked in his study and he wasn't there, I went through the kitchens and dining rooms, but he wasn't there either. I even asked Carmen and she hadn't seen it either.

What if he had already gone to train?

I decided to call him, but it sent me to the mailbox.

No, well, for nothing.

I went out to sea to collect everything.

And there he was.

He had noticed only my surprise.

"I finally found you."

I take off my sandals to walk on the sand and reach him.

"Carmen told me you would come here," he spoke as he put a strawberry in his mouth.

He had disheveled hair and was only wearing pajama shorts over him.

"It was supposed to be a surprise."

I sat next to him on the blanket and placed a kiss on his lips.

"I like everything, thank you dear."

"Happy Valentine's Day Landito" I took the strawberry that he was eating from him and put it in my mouth to bite it.

"I have a surprise for you too."

"Really?"

I was excited that he was quite present for both of us on the date, no matter what was going on outside.