(14) Des Calanques

Lando Norris

Lando Norris

As a way of celebrating the podium I had in Le Castellet, the chestnut invited some drivers to go to Des Calanques, a national park in France located in the Bouches-Du-Rhone department, which is an hour from where we were.

So we were going on a road trip to this beautiful creek with some very good company. They had lent us a car, so we could travel, then go to the airport and finally go to Barcelona for Amélie's friend's wedding.

Carlos, Charles, Pierre, Daniel, Alex and George will also come with us on this mini-adventure, but they were in other cars so I just drove with the chestnut in the McLaren racing down a highway with music blaring. She was dancing and feeling each song that she played through the Bluetooth, most of them were in Spanish, so I didn't understand them, but I couldn't help but smile seeing her so happy and enjoying her moment. Her hair was all messed up by the wind that was caused by going at a high speed and being with the convertible on, however, she did not care and let her beautiful hair mess up, making her straight hair turn wavy.

We spent the whole trip like this, her singing and dancing and me driving down the road. I really enjoyed the moment very much.

Amelie was great company.

After an hour and a few more minutes, we arrived at the park and the other boys were already there, some with their girlfriends or friends they had invited so that Amélie would not feel uncomfortable with only boys.

We started the route among the rocks to be able to reach the bottom of the stream and thus be able to get into the water and ride on the yacht that the Leclerc's had reserved, because Amélie was also a member of that family, I had to begin to familiarize myself with it, although it was still unbelievable for me.

"Are you sure it's legal to be here?" Russell asked, a little worried.

"According to the internet, you can go hiking around here," Amélie said relaxed as she got down from a rock where she had climbed exclusively to take a picture of the landscape. "It's only forty-five minutes, and we can reach the Calanque de Marseilleveyre" she spoke calmly, as if walking all that time in the heat she was in, would be easy.

"You should have told us that before you came," joked Lily, Alex's girlfriend.

"But we're all professional athletes here, right, guys?" Ricciardo continued teasingly. "We are going to sweat like pigs, although it is worth the view."

Amélie saw him with a huge smile complete with teeth, and she nodded at Daniel in response to his comment. She was a little ahead of me, next to George and Ricciardo, leading the way, but we were so close that I could hear and see their actions.

"What if we play something while we go upstairs? Like some play on words." proposed a smiling Pierre holding Katerina's hand, her date.

In fact, it's thanks to me that Katerina and Pierre knew each other, she and I were friends, and we went out a lot when we were in Dubai last year and that's where I presented them. I felt like cupid, although it was strange for me because I thought there was a spark between me and the Ukrainian. At least it worked out from something that they knew each other, since they started dating after months, and now it could be said that they were already more than friends. Possibly soon, they would officially confirm that they were dating.