(18) Austria

Amélie

Amélie

"Amelie?" I heard how a girl in the distance called me, I got closer to her direction and I recognized her instantly.

"Sandra!" How are you?" She was near the Williams' garage, I was heading towards that one too, just next door, since that was Russell's.

"I'm doing great and you? What are you doing here?" She asked curiously as she hugged me.

"Ahh amazing, a friend invited me, and you? I hugged her back and after a few seconds I walked away from her.

This coincidence was very incredible, I never thought I would meet another lawyer, with whom I have already worked, in a Formula One paddock.

I didn't know how Lando had convinced my boss, let alone how I had agreed to this, but I was back in a race waiting for the grand prix to start. I had arrived yesterday, having apparently only managed to be let out at noon so I could catch my flight and be in time for qualifying and the final race, so I was rooting for the Brit again.

"My partner is Nicholas Latifi and I came because it was his birthday recently," she spoke calmly and I was really shocked that she was with one of the Williams drivers.

"I can not believe it!"

We began to walk between the spaces designated for each team and continued chatting "And who is your friend?" She questioned, being interested in my answer "Don't tell me that Russell finally brought someone?"

"At this moment I came to see George, but Norris brought me" I was honest with her, since for me, she was like a friend.

"Oeh, love triangle," she said between a somewhat innocent giggle, however, she was doing it on purpose.

"Nah, they're just friends." I didn't feel the need to tell her that maybe there was something else with one of the Brits because we were friends, but not that close.

George was heading in the same direction as us and stopped abruptly when he saw us laughing boisterously, greeting each of us with a kiss on the cheek and finally asking what was on his mind, "Do you guys know each other?" His face was one of immense confusion.

"We have worked together, we are both lawyers although I still don't have my degree" I answered Russell "In fact, the time we met I lost the case just because I wasn't completely a lawyer and after that she invited me to a coffee to apologize" I said in the middle of a laugh remembering that anecdote.

At the time it happened I was really upset, since it was one of the first assignments that were not pro bono and I ended up losing it for not being a law graduate, but I had gained experience and a good friend in the work environment.

"That day I overdid it," she laughed with me and the Williams driver continued with an expression of chaos. "My excuse is that I really should have won that trial, your client was a lost case" I nodded and we both couldn't stop laughing.