(50) After Party

Oh! Mussolini no, don't do that... DON'T DO THAT MUSSOLINI!

Amelie Leclerc

It was the last race of the season.

And it was being the most exciting of all. The championship between Max and Lewis was decided today, it was all or nothing and I was lucky enough to witness it from the paddock club.

This was magic.

Throughout the race my heart felt a very strong adrenaline rush. My heart was pounding as if I was exercising, tears and screams came out of everything that happened.

The people I was most excited to see were George, Lewis, Charles, and Lando.

Sadly Russell had a DNF for a power unit issue and I didn't get to see much of his last performance at Williams but I was sure next year we'd be together at Mercedes it would be amazing.

Then Charles, well let's just say he didn't do so well. He was in tenth position for having a bad strategy and stopping very early in the pits, which hurt him because overtaking in Abu Dhabi is a bit complicated.

And the one who should be happy about that great classification is not because he finished in seventh position. He was a few more than Charles, but Carlos stole fifth place in the drivers' list from both of them without finishing on the podium.

They always say that the quiet ones are the ones who do the best job and we can verify that with the two Spanish speakers who did a perfect job this last Grand Prix.

Lando lost two places at the start for going off the straight and made his pit stop very early, only it didn't affect him as much and he managed to position himself in fifth position due to his good work. The problem was when near the end of the race he suffered a flat tire, just like in Qatar, and was forced to pit again and have to settle for seventh place.

Everything indicated that Lewis was going to win, despite the fact that Max had taken pole, but from the start of the race he led, he was first from the first corner and the Dutchman could not catch up with him at any time.

Until the safety car caused by Nicholas Latifi.

Hamilton could not stop in the pits, since if he did, he could lose the position, instead, Max did and they still returned his position due to FIA matters, so he managed to overtake him by eliminating that distance gap that Hamilton had created.

It was a shame for my new team, especially for the driver, but this is where my work began.

It had to be clarified what happened during the Safety Car and how it was supposed that the stragglers could not be passed during the car if the FIA ​​had already said no at first, but it seemed that it gave them a change of opinion and they wanted him to do it.

The only thing that would do this is Max win the championship, which he did, and now the FIA ​​director gets a lot of hate, as does Latifi for causing the crash.

But my star moment came when the race was over and Totto, my boss, wanted to meet with the FIA ​​lawyers. Even though my contract was effective in January of next year, they asked me to support them by not having enough lawyers to fight for this, as it was a serious and very important case for the team. However, not much could be done, they just decided that it would be investigated and that after the winter break more information would be given.

So the only thing left now was to celebrate for the constructors' championship that Mercedes had won.

All the workers were invited, including me, and George could also come as he was the new pilot.