(41) Birthday boy

Lando Norris

What a shitty birthday.

I woke up next to the brunette and at no time during the night could I get Amélie out of my mind.

I knew perfectly well that I was using Luisa just to distract myself and not let my heart remember how hurt it was, but it didn't seem to work.

I hadn't even tried to touch her again after the disaster in America and my lack of arousal towards her body.

More if it served so that the media would stop associating me with Leclerc and also the photo that was spread before everything exploded, so at some point I preferred to be seen with the model than with Charles's half-sister.

However, my mind and heart were in it.

I kept thinking about what it would have been like to spend my birthday with the Venezuelan. Surely very happy and he would be here in Brazil celebrating with me, but instead he was more than depressed and alone, in the nineteenth race of the season.

"Good morning, handsome," the Portuguese woman spoke to me in a sleepy voice.

"Good morning, Luisa."

She tried to get close to my lips, but I didn't let her. I didn't feel comfortable kissing her, much less with morning breath.

"I forgot to tell you last night, but I think I won't be able to go to the circuit because of a job I have back in Portugal." she gave me a warm smile as she got out of bed and put on a robe on the way to the bathroom.

At least she didn't care at all that she didn't return the tokens of affection.

But here my existential doubt was, did she not know that today was my birthday?

It felt very strange that she didn't say anything to me and she will only regret not being able to accompany me to qualifying today.

I shrugged her off because I wasn't the one who wanted her to congratulate me either and left the room to pick up the gifts that the team and some other drivers had left on the floor.

I took the entire basket in which they had done me the favor of putting each gift and I quickly checked if maybe there was one with her name, but the only one I found was one with the last name Leclerc. I had hoped that she was part of those who had sent this gift as a family, although, I doubted it when I saw what it was. They were just some new gamer mics. And I knew that she hadn't cooperated with this gift because Amélie was clear that I liked meaningful things better than something I could buy myself.

Obviously, she appreciated it, but he was expecting something more to think that she was in favor of this.

I kept uncovering the gifts, some without even noticing who they were from and I think it was a very big mistake, because I opened one that had a letter next to several photos of Monako. I looked back at the lid of the little box this came in and realized it had our puppy's name on it.

I looked carefully at the photos of her, some were with her and some were old because I was still dating. Her purpose was to see how Monako was growing. There was one that I really loved and it was surely the most recent, Millie was carrying Mona from her and she gave him a kiss on her head while he tried to kiss her with her tongue.

Just as I was going to start reading the letter, which had my name written on the envelope in Millie's peculiar handwriting, Luisa appeared with a towel on her lap.

I completely freaked out when she spoke, she just came out of the bathroom, "What is all this?" she asked a little surprised to see so many things in the room.