(52) Depression

Amelie Leclerc

I had come home for something unexpected.

Luckily, Christmas and New Year were coming up, so Mercedes let me go to Miami earlier.

Monako had been very strange the weeks I hadn't been and Mom begged me to come back to see if that would make him normal again, but it didn't.

I was at the vet after having spent the whole night awake for Monako, he had been vomiting and crying for almost three consecutive hours until I decided it was better to take him to be checked out.

I never imagined how much a dog could suffer from the separation I had with Lando.

Monako was diagnosed with depression and all because the Brit had moved away from us and the dog was emotionally attached to his owner. I really didn't know what to do, the doctors told me that his disease was already advanced and it was very likely that he would die soon, I found myself crying profusely because Monako had saved me and I also needed him in my life.

My mother was with me even though it was four in the morning and she had to work the next day, but she wasn't the person Monako needed by her side, she needed Lando and I also needed his support right now.

Now everything made sense, a few weeks ago my baby began to get discouraged, not wanting to go for a walk in the morning because he preferred to sleep, not even getting up when I got home and I just thought he was tired, I didn't think it was depression and that at barely eight months my dog ​​could die.

"You must call him," my mother insisted.

"Mommy I can't, he has me blocked from all sides," I reminded him.

She knew that I really loved Lando, but I would hurt me more if I talked to him.

Even though I was trying with George, with what happened in Abu Dhabi it was impossible for me to deny that I had feelings for him and decided instead to distance myself from him. Luckily he had understood, since I didn't want to hurt him.

"You also have him blocked," she made him present. "He has the right to know that Monako is going to die, find a way to contact him."

At that moment the doctor came in and they finally let us go home, but before warning us what I didn't want to happen. "I recommend giving Monako the best days, we don't know how long he can live and if he will react well to the treatment."

We left the clinic carrying my dog ​​in my arms, despite the fact that he weighed a lot, I could handle him and at this moment I did not want to let him go. We got to the car and I left it in the back while I got in the driver's seat and my mother in the passenger seat. I drove home with a cloudy look, wondering if it was necessary for me to talk to Lando.

I didn't want to, but I did have to. After all, it was also his dog.

I left my mother at her home and drove to my apartment tower, Monako was sleeping peacefully although she had a few tears in her eyes and this only gave me more reasons to cry and scream at nothing.

When I got to my apartment, I took my cell phone and unlocked Lando, hoping that he no longer had me blocked, but to my bad luck, I was, and even if I tried to contact him, it would be impossible for me.

I made the decision to go to sleep, since I was exhausted. Monako followed me to my room and lay down on the side that Lando used to sleep, I approached him carefully and rested my head on his belly so we could rest together. When I woke up, I would find a way to let him know that the dog was dying.

"I promise you'll be able to see him before you go," I whispered to Mona, tears in my eyes, wishing he wasn't leaving already.