EXTRA I: MYLOS, GREECE

Mylos, Greece

Saturday August 17, 2024

Amelie Leclerc

There was one weekend left until the F1 season wrapped up, and it was our last week in Greece before heading back to London for Lando to work, clearly me too.

It's been three years since we met and two since we made it official. They have been the best years of my life.

Lando has been pretty nervous since we got here, but today his nerves were on another level. I had never seen him so restless, not even in a race.

This morning he had left the room early, he had mentioned to me that he had to arrange some things with the team and that someone would come looking for me at lunchtime.

I ended up having breakfast alone, even though I FaceTimed one of my best friends to check on my nephew. Eros was barely two years old and he was the most spoiled child in the whole family.

"Hello Lucy," I greeted her.

She looked quite busy, with the child in one of her arms and other things in the other.

"Hi Millie, can we talk later? Eros is sick and I can't get him to sleep." I had completely forgotten about the time change from where she was spending her vacations to where I was.

"Okay, I hope he gets better," I said goodbye.

I tried to call Livvie, but she didn't answer the video call, surely she was working or busy with something else.

How weird...

Everyone was ignoring me or too busy to serve me.

I dialed mom's number and she did answer.

"Hi mom! How's everything at home?"

"Hello honey, everything's calm, and you? How are the holidays?" She answered calmly.

"Pretty relaxed, I've really enjoyed them. Lando has gone to a work meeting today and I'll see him until lunch," I told her.

"And where will you go to eat?" She asked intrigued.

"I don't know, he just told me that someone would come for me."

"Do you already know what to wear?"

"Not really. Same and thought something casual, why?"

"Well, because I haven't seen you in any photo with the dress I gave you," she said scolding.

"You know that I dirty the white color very quickly."

"But now that you have tanned skin is the perfect time to use it."

"Okay, I'll put it on today," I agreed.

She screamed excitedly and I could only laugh.

It was pretty clear that our tastes in clothes were very different, but I did like that dress, I just hadn't found the special occasion and proper care to wear it. However, if she insisted that much, he would use it.

I finished my breakfast talking with my mother and seeing the landscape that the rented house in Greece offered us, it was a beautiful place and you could see the other islands from there.

I went to shower and get ready so I could be ready for lunch. I put on the dress that my mother wanted me to wear. I added some beige sandals and a bag of the same color. I just put on my makeup until someone rang the doorbell and I left the house to go to Lando.

I had written him a few messages, but he had answered them very curtly.

[13:47] Amor ❤️: I'm leaving the house with the driver you sent.