(49) Abu Dhabi

Lando Norris

When I woke up it was gone.

She had left without giving me a single clarification, without letting me explain things to her and fix what we had.

I had just heard an "I love you" in the distance, but I don't know if I dreamed it or really said it.

I had fallen asleep so tired I was, apart from her, she gave me peace and I had not had that peace for a long time, so sleeping with her for a while gave it to me.

During all this time I had many sleepless nights, so I enjoyed her company until the last moment.

I returned to Woking to continue preparing for the last race of the season and stopped thinking about that meeting.

Maybe she was going to go to Abu Dhabi with her family and I could talk to her there.

My hopes had returned for that I love you and now more than ever I was willing to fight for everything, no matter what.

In the following days I took my flight to the United Arab Emirates and at this moment I was in the press conference that was usually held every Thursday. As lucky as I was, I had landed with Amélie's half-brother, Charles Leclerc.

After the press conference, in which most things focused on what our season was, being four points away for fifth place and what comes next year until the interview of a fan with the name from Millie and that led to a bit of discomfort in the responses of both, but luckily it was the last thing we had to answer and now we were outside the interview area talking.

"What a coincidence that the name of the fan was the same as my sister!" Charles spoke in the middle of a laugh.

"I guess" I raised my shoulders, downplaying him. "Speaking of her, I wanted to tell you something." I went straight to the point.

I know she had asked me not to tell her about getting high, but I didn't think it was right to lie to her brother. More when he tried to protect her and she only began to do was damage the image of the family a little with her actions.

She was missing because of me and I wanted to help her find herself again, like before.

"Tell me?" He asked tired, as if he was fed up that every time we talked about his sister, but it was my only topic of conversation with him, aside from the sport.

"Your sister was in Brackley last week."

"I know, she went to her interview with Mercedes."

He was right there, but that wasn't my point. I needed to tell her that she had been mega drugged, "The thing is that I saw her" I began to tell him.

"Did you guys come back?" He interrupted the story.

"No, not yet, but I wanted to tell you that I saw her and she was, uhh" I hesitated a moment because I didn't know how to say this. " She was at a party, let's say very intense."

I was overthinking about it and Charles got desperate, wanting to leave, so I kept telling him quickly. "She called me and I went to Brackley because she was drugged. " I finally told him.

"What?," he asked upset, "Don't be a liar, Lando, she was literally with Olivia during that week."

"I swear, I had to get her loaded from that damn party because she was already unconscious."

"Surely she just drank too much. She wouldn't do drugs, you know how she is she." He tried to turn away from me to address her hospitality, so I followed him.