(59) Guard Angel 💫

Amelie Leclerc

We had been in Dubai for almost a month and during our stay here we began to organize things so that we could move to Monaco.

And I hadn't realized because of all the fuss that we were already in February and I hadn't gotten my period in the whole month. I got a little worried so I decided to take a pregnancy test because I used to be very regular and I have also been on birth control for a while now.

I was a little scared that we were going to have a pregnancy in the middle of everything, so I decided to take a test to find out. It came out negative.

The days continued until today my period returned, but it seemed more than that. It was too excessive and wouldn't stop so I decided to make an appointment with a gynecologist before going to our new home.

I arrived at my appointment and waited my turn to be seen.

They took a urine test, a blood test, and now an ultrasound to find out if I was really pregnant.

But what the doctor told me calmed me down and hurt me at the same time.

"Hello Amélie, I'm Dr. Stiglitz and I'll do the ultrasound. You'll feel a little cold from the gel," she spoke before spreading the liquid and starting to spread it on my belly and pelvis.

I nodded my head watching her movements with the probe and the doctor just made faces when she looked at the screen.

"At this time you are not pregnant, but there are traces of a fetus, so you were pregnant, but you had a miscarriage."

My eyes widened upon hearing those words.

I was pregnant during this time and I didn't even realize it.

"Are you sure that a month ago was your last period before the vaginal bleeding appeared?"

I nodded again, confused.

"It's okay. You will have to do tests and an extraction of the fetus because from what I see the remains were approximately four months old and you have lost it until now."

You mean I got pregnant for my birthday before I split up with Lando?

I was so confused.

He wasn't supposed to have made it to the bar.

"But how did I get pregnant if he didn't leave his semen in my body?" I tried to articulate the correct words.

"Did you use a condom?" I denied. "Even if it didn't end up inside you, the pre-cum could have contained sperm and made you pregnant."

Damn, and I'm dumb that I didn't take the pill because neither of us finished.

But now it explained a bit more my sudden mood swings, or lack of appetite. And I continued to drink alcohol without concern.

What if I kill him for it?

What if with everything I lived through in the following months I didn't grow in the right way?

What if the anxiety meds or birth control had affected the baby?

I was eating my head with my thoughts and I continued with the tests without being one hundred percent conscious.

It seemed strange to the doctor that I didn't stop menstruating until this month and then suddenly returned and with the abortion. When normally it should disappear and appear if there was an abortion.

I spent almost two hours in exams and I had to go into surgery to finish removing the remains of the fetus.

But before I went in, I really regretted not letting Lando know about this before I left for the date. I didn't want to interrupt his go-kart work, but I needed to.