(17) Steiermark

Lando Norris

Lando Norris

I had landed in Styria hours ago and was trying to get some sleep, but it was impossible, and I didn't understand why. I was tossing and turning on the huge bed and I couldn't find the perfect comfort to sleep. When I stayed in one position, I felt the need to move and look at the chestnut's body.

I couldn't sleep without Amélie by my side.

Damn, I was broke.

I spent more than three hours trying to fall asleep after having spent four hours on the flight. I really needed to rest, and I didn't get it until I made a video call with the green-eyed girl and ended up falling asleep while talking with her.

She was just landing but still she kept talking to me until she saw me sound asleep, "Hello?" She picked up the video call.

"Hey babe," I greeted her.

"What are you doing awake? You have to practice tomorrow, Lando". She admonished me.

"I can't sleep" I was sincere, "I need the warmth of your body".

"Thank heaven I have earphones in because if not everyone had heard that," she mentioned and that made me laugh out loud, "Did you arrive a long time ago?", she asked curiously.

I turned on the small flashlight that was near the bed so that she could see me better, "Approximately five hours since I came here, and I haven't been able to sleep for three," I told her.

"Looks like you can't live without me," she joked as she got into a car, probably a taxi or Uber.

"You've probably ruined me," I joined in her taunt.

At some point, she was right.

"What time is it there?" I asked after a while in silence.

"Nine in the morning, and in Austria?"

"Five in the morning." She widened her eyes and I knew she was going to scold me again for not sleeping.

"And what time is practice? Didn't you get scolded for not attending the press conference? " She asked worriedly.

"Eleven-thirty, so I have plenty of time to sleep." And no, they just asked me not to do it again." I answered all of her questions and when I did, her face seemed to calm down. "Will you go to work today?"

"Yes, I must, although I don't want to" she told me in the middle of a yawn. "I'll probably still be in the office when the first practice starts, but I promise to watch you in the second one."

"I doubt very much that we can both perform well in our work today," I commented to her, while a yawn also came out of my mouth.

"I think now I'm sleepy enough to sleep" I spoke after a while where we were in silence as she was talking to the driver of the car, giving him the address of her apartment tower.