Familial Spar

[A/N: Rewrote this chapter.]

|Arthur|

"Rey! I just heard your son was alive. What the hell is going on?" a thin, proper-looking man in a suit who seemed to be sweating profusely exclaimed. Behind him were a woman and a young girl, who I assumed to be his wife and daughter respectively.

"Vincent, everyone! I would like you to meet my son, Arthur! He's back Vince, Haha!" my father beamed, wrapping his arm around Vincent's shoulder.

Turning to the man, I introduced myself with a bow. "It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Arthur Leywin. I apologize for the confusion regarding my whereabouts, but I was in contact with my family a while back and instructed them not to tell anyone until I returned. Thank you for taking care of my family during their time of need. I owe you and your family a great debt."

Vincent adjusted his glasses and replied, "Y-yeah, It's no problem. I'm glad that you're alive and safe. Meet my wife, Tabitha, and my daughter, Lilia," he continued, pushing them forward.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am and Lilia," I greeted them, bowing once again. Sylvie, my infant mana beast, also chimed in with a "Kyu!" to introduce herself.

Tabitha smiled kindly at us. "Great to have you in our home, Arthur. Say hi, Lilia! Arthur is your age so don't be shy."

The young girl pointed at Sylvie, who was perched on my head, and asked, "What's that! It's so cute."

I explained, "This is an infant mana beast that I'm bonded with. Her name is Sylvie. Sylvie, get down and say hello." Sylvie obediently leapt off my head and mewed at Lilia, who squealed with delight.

Turning back to Vincent, he asked, "Rey, what did you mean by wrecking my house?"

"We were just on our way to the backyard. Arthur and I are going to have a little spar against Jude. Want to come?" my father chuckled.

Vincent let out a sigh and replied, "Just get it over with." It seemed like he wasn't surprised about my awakening after meeting my brother.

With everyone gathered in the backyard, we made sure to maintain a proper distance from each other on the spacious grassy area. Father and Jude both agreed to suppress their mana cores to the dark orange stage, ensuring a fair battle.

Feeling a surge of anticipation, I prepared myself to put my training with Grandpa Virion to the test. The time had come to see just how much I had improved.

My father clenched his fists tightly together, a determined expression on his face, while Jude appeared nonchalant, not even bothering to draw his sword. The contrast in their stances reflected their different fighting styles.

As the signal was given, the two of us launched ourselves forward simultaneously. Father aimed a powerful punch from the left, while I swiftly executed a well-aimed kick aimed at Jude's feet. Our coordinated attack was meant to catch him off guard.

The air crackled with excitement as our movements blurred, the clash of our energies filling the space between us.

To our astonishment, Jude effortlessly neutralized our attacks with impeccable precision. His right foot firmly planted on the ground, it felt as though I had kicked against an immovable object. Meanwhile, he expertly deflected my father's punch with his left hand, countering swiftly with a powerful blow aimed at my father's face using his right hand.

The realization hit me like a lightning bolt. Despite restricting his mana core stage, Jude's skill and prowess were on an entirely different level. It was clear that he possessed an exceptional level of combat ability.