Realmheart

Arthur POV:

It took everything I had to look at what stood in front of me, and my eyes almost darted away as soon as I did.

The black-haired woman's purple eyes shown with intensity that I had only seen from the Asuras before.

However, what was on her back was much more startling.

Windsom had once told me that most Asuras had a third form, a hybrid one between their first and second forms.

Obsidian coloured dragon wings similar to Sylvie's protruded prominently from her back. Her onyx horns, that were previously hiding, her much more prominent than even the Scythes. Her arms had turned into those of a dragon and semi-transparent scales were dotted on her skin.

This was the first time I felt true fear.

However, even with goosebumps crawling on my entire body, my core simply thumped faster and harder.

'This feeling... what is it?' I wondered before preparing myself for my fight.

The woman simply disappeared from my vision and kicked me from behind while I wasn't able to do anything.

My body shot into a rock, causing me to cough out blood from just a single attack. Pain erupted from my back and it took everything I had to just stay standing.

My blurry eyes began to refocus while the woman gave me a weird look. She asked me again, "What are you?"

'I don't even know how to reply to that question,' I thought while calculating ways to get out of this situation. Regis had lost a lot of his strength in just one attack and I wasn't doing any better.

However, for some reason, I didn't feel like I would lose. There was something stirring inside me, but I didn't know what it was exactly.

The woman charged again, too fast for me to reach even with my reaction speed boosted. I took the punch to the stomach, my breath knocked out my lungs as I was once again sent flying.

Regis completely deactivated with her last attack while I was on the verge of losing my consciousness.

But just when I had given up, the colours of the world inverted. Tiny particles lit up in the colours of yellow, green, red, blue and purple to represent the various colours of mana and aether that made up the air around us.

Power rushed through my body and I could feel my regeneration getting boosted, my internal wounds closing.

The woman has a very surprised look that I ignored as I summoned my sword from my storage. 

This power.... I had forgotten what it mean to wield the power of a deity. Aether around me obeyed my every command as I strengthened by body even further and augmented my sword.

The silver blade of my sword was now covered in purple as I formed spatium bridges to instantly teleport towards her.

Every one of my movements felt powerful and effortless.

My sword swung down, striking one of her dragon wings hard. The dragon scales slightly cracked but didn't break. 

She instantly threw a punch at me, one as fast and strong as before. However, it felt to be going at a snail's pace as I teleported out with ease.

Motes of spatium formed bridges in front of me effortlessly as I used them to further enhance my attacks, attempting to catch the female asura off guard.

Her attacks, while still dangerous, lost their true power as I was able to dodge them just in the nick of time.

She managed to catch me off guard and threw me away with her left dragon wing. However, I managed to defend myself from most of the damage.

"How dare you desecrate the great technique of the asuras with that fake imitation!" She roared at me.

I felt slightly confused before I realized that she meant Realmheart. Suddenly, golden runes began to appear on her body as well. 

The blanket of apathy over my head slowly melted away as I felt primal fear once again at what I say. The woman's black hair had turned grey, a shade that gave off feeling of domination.

A single step rumbled with power while I cowered back in slight fear. Suddenly, a voice spoke out in our minds.

'My children.'

Tears formed inside my eyelids as I heard the familiar voice once again.

Sylvia.

(A/N: Apologies for the short chapter, I have been quite busy with SAT practice. Regardless, I'll be sticking to original update schedules from now on, so a bigger chapter will be dropped off on Tuesday to end this mini-arc.)