Extra Story - Idiot

Jude POV:

(A/N: I didn't mention this but Arthur's injury was not as serious as he is stronger so he healed much earlier)

I had just returned to the academy after my mission. I had started to go to many missions due to all of the Lances being busy and powerful beasts from inside the Beast Glades starting to come out. It was a suspicious movement but it really wasn't my problem, I am sure the Council could deal with it.

I asked Director Goodsky where Arthur was after talking to her and left for Arthur's private training room to which I had access to. 

However, it turned out I didn't even need to open the door as it burst open. I saw Tess come out, tears strolling down her cheeks. She looked at me and tried to hide her face in embarrassment. 

I closed the distance between us and pulled her into a hug. Then, she let it all out. I made sure to use sound magic to stop the noise from alerting others as she balled into my shoulder. 

After she was done, she looked up at me with her red face. I asked her in a low voice, "Who did this?" 

She muttered under her breath, "Arthur." I then let go of her and made my way to the training room, only to be stopped by her hand as she said, "No, don't."

"Don't worry, he won't die," I replied as I entered the training room. I knew that there was no way for Arthur to have intentionally harmed her, so he must have rejected her by being the idiot he is. 

His injuries had also healed so taking a beating from a white core mage shouldn't cripple him, especially since I had just broken to the white core stage after absorbing the cores from the beasts I killed for the mission. 

I saw Arthur sitting on the ground while staring at the ceiling in a daze. 

"What happened?" I sighed as I tried to keep my anger down.

"Not now, I need some time to think," was the only reply I got from him.

My brows twitched as I said, letting some of my anger out, "Tess is not only your friend you know."

He looked at me in shock at my slight burst of anger before shaking his hands, "Fine, I'll tell you. Tess asked me if I was mad about what she did. I of course wasn't. But then, she confessed and I... I made light of our situation and joked about it. "

Haaaa. Deep breaths. Deep breaths Jude. I knew that the situation was bad but I wasn't expecting it to be this hopeless. What use is it for him to be a genius if he can't even clear his feelings?

Though, to be honest, I was also suffering like him with Kathy but that's different! She was only 9 years old then and I reincarnated into this world. My guilt for betraying my previous life's wife and that of being a lolicon both played heavily on my mindset.

"Did you really just make fun of her confession?" I said calmly.

My calm voice startled Arthur as he flinched before replying, "Yeah, I mean, what else could I do? I didn't want her to outright reject her you know?"

"Just tell her to wait."

"What?"

"You should have told her to wait for you until you got ready as I did with Kathy!"

"Why would she agree to that? Also, what makes you sure I have feelings for her?" he rebuked.

"Are you really that dumb?" I raised my voice even further. 

"What are you saying?"

"Did you seriously not realize what kind of person she is after living with her for four years? Also, did you think you could hide your blatant feelings for her?"

"Oh and what, you know what kind of person she is?"

"Of course I do! I am not an idiot like you!"

"But, I don't have feelings for her."

Deep breaths Jude. Deep breaths...

Ah, f*ck it!

"Sylvie get out of here. I am going to beat some sense into this rock," I say to Sylvie who quickly retreated, still afraid of me as ever. 

"Don't hold back Arthur or you will die. And I promised Tess I won't cripple or kill you."

He gulps as he stands up.

"Use your Integrate phase which you used to kill the Elderwood Guardian."

Arthur didn't even question how I knew that he used his Beast Will against the S-rank monster before he exclaimed, "What! No! I won't use Integrate against you!"

I simply shrugged, "I'll make sure to buy a nice coffin for you."

Wind mana gathered around me. Arthur still did not want to fight me. 

Well, I did warn him. 

I shot straight towards him like a fighter jet, covering the distance between us in a blink of an eye. My fist broke the sound barrier as it hit him straight in the stomach. He flies far away from me before barfing out what he had for lunch. 

He then looked at me, completely stupefied. I cover the distance instantly again, cladding my right fist in fire mana before hitting his cheek. My fist explodes on his fist and I hear audible cracks from his skull. My attack caused a sizable hole to appear in the floor beneath us. 

I then retreat backwards and ask him, "Still not going to use it?"

However, what greeted me were ice spikes coming from under the dust. I raise an earth wall to easily block them and see a white-haired Arthur coming out of the crevice. Lighting dances around him as he covers the distance between us with speed matching mine. His lightning-clad fist breaks past the sound barrier as it homes in on my head.

I smirk as I grab his wrist to stop his punch. He is calm despite what happened as he uses his knee to attack my arm which grabbed his wrist. 

I pull him towards me before I headbutt him with my mana-augmented head. He stumbled for a bit, his reflexes dulled from my attack. I use that time to deliver a Wind mana augmented roundhouse kick straight to his chest. 

I hear cracking sounds produced by the breaking of his ribs. However, Arthur didn't fly back as much as before. 

He then summoned Dawn's Ballad and unsheathed it to reveal its teal blade. He starts to gather lightning and ice mana around his blade. 

I leisurely wait for his final attack, confident in my ability to easily stop it. He then roars [Sub-Zero Lightning Dragon Charge] before attacking me. His lightning magic transformed into the shape of a dragon surrounding him while his ice magic became the cyan armour around the dragon. 

Not bad. I summon my own sword and unsheath it, charging up my own attack. [Solar Flare]. Fire mana gathers around my blade as it lights up in hot blue flames. I then swing my sword straight on to meet Arthur's attack. 

His lightning dragon meets up fire sword head-on, causing a huge explosion that filled the room in white. After it clears up, I see Arthur lying unconscious, his hair changed back to its auburn colour. 

His arms had severe burns on them and were also broken. His jaw was also unhinged. 

Those wounds wouldn't take much to heal anyway, so it's fine. 

"ARTHUR!"

I hear a scream as I turn around to come face-to-face with Tess. She seemed to have cried even more and witnessed the fight between Arthur and me. 

"Don't worry, he's not dead," I say coldly before walking to the exit, leaving Tess to look after Arthur. 

"Thank you, Jude," I whip my head around to check whether I heard it correct, only to be met with Tess's smile among her salty tears. I exit the room, failing to notice my own smile.