Acceptance

|Jude|

As I unraveled the intricacies of my past lives and the profound connection I shared with Cordelia, I watched the expressions on the faces of my loved ones shift from curiosity to a mix of astonishment and contemplation. The weight of my words hung in the air, urging them to grasp the depths of my story.

And then, it was Kathlyn's turn to hear the truth. I turned toward her, our eyes meeting as I searched for the right words to convey the complexity of my feelings.

"Kathlyn," I began, my voice filled with sincerity, "Throughout countless lifetimes, I have loved Cordelia with an unwavering devotion. She held a special place in my heart, and I believed that no one else could ever evoke those same emotions within me. But then, you came into my life."

I took a step closer to Kathlyn, my voice softening as I continued, "You were different, Kath. You awakened a new and profound love within me, a love that mirrored the depths of what I felt for Cordelia. It was as if fate had orchestrated our meeting, intertwining our souls in a way I never thought possible."

Gently, I reached out, placing a hand on Kathlyn's trembling shoulder, seeking to offer reassurance. "Kathlyn, please understand that my love for you is just as genuine and wholehearted as my love for Cordelia. Though our time together may not span the expanse of centuries, the intensity of our connection is undeniable."

As I spoke those words, I could see a mix of emotions flickering in Kathlyn's eyes—uncertainty, vulnerability, and a glimmer of hope. It was a pivotal moment, one that held the potential to shape our future.

"I promise to cherish both of you," I concluded, my voice laced with unwavering commitment, "To honor the bond we share and to navigate this intricate path with honesty and understanding. Together, we will forge a love that transcends time and defies the constraints of conventional expectations."

Kathlyn's cheeks tinted with a rosy hue as she nodded, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions—acceptance, relief, and a glimmer of hope. She tenderly took hold of my hand, guiding it to rest against her warm cheek. "Jude," she spoke softly, her voice filled with sincerity, "I can sense the depth of your feelings, and I appreciate your honesty in sharing everything with me. Thank you."

A surge of elation coursed through my veins as I released a contented sigh, our lips coming together in a long-awaited kiss. It was a moment that bridged the void of our year-long separation, reigniting the spark of our connection. The sensation was both familiar and yet unique, distinct from the kisses I had shared with Cordelia and Angelina.

Amidst the shared joy, Cordelia interjected with a playful remark, her voice laced with light-heartedness. "Now, now, Jude," she teased, giving me a friendly slap on the back, "Let's not forget about Angelina."

"You have another girl?"

Virion's exclamation sparked laughter that resonated throughout the room. "Another princess," I responded playfully, winking at Virion and joining in the jovial atmosphere. Kathyln's laughter mingled with mine, creating an enchanting melody of joy.

However, amidst the lightheartedness, my mother's voice cut through the laughter, causing a ripple of unease to wash over me. I turned my gaze toward her, the memory of her disapproving reaction to Arthur's revelation about his reincarnation lingering in my mind.

Taking a deep breath, I braced myself for what she might say.

"I..." she began, her voice filled with a mix of vulnerability and longing. "It's hard for me to fathom the concept of reincarnation, to see my son as someone reborn. But, more than anything, I want to believe in the bond we created, the time we spent together as a family. Did you truly consider us your family?"

Her words struck a chord deep within me, and I spoke softly, my voice filled with sincerity. "In the beginning, it was challenging for me to embrace the idea of having new parents. But as the years passed, you and Dad became my true parents. We shared laughter, we faced challenges together, and we experienced the ebb and flow of life's journey. Mom, you are my mother, and you will always hold that sacred place in my heart. Thank you for being my mother, for raising me, and for being there for me."

Tears welled up in my mother's eyes as she pulled me into a warm embrace. The weight of doubt lifted, replaced by the reassurance of an unbreakable familial bond.

Virion's voice carried a mix of awe and concern as he spoke, "Your origin from a higher realm explains your extraordinary abilities. But, as you've revealed, our true adversary is not the Asuras but Asmodeus herself. She surpasses them all in power. Can you defeat her, Jude?"

A weight settled upon my shoulders, and I lowered my gaze. "No," I admitted, my voice heavy with resignation. "It is impossible for me to defeat someone like Asmodeus without unlocking the Ninth Door. To do so, I would need the power of Fate, a force that transcends even my elevated strength in this world as a demigod. As much as I have grown, a god's might still surpasses my own."

A sense of somber understanding filled the room as everyone processed the magnitude of the challenge that lay ahead. The realization of our limitations urged us to seek alternative paths and strategies in our quest to confront Asmodeus and protect our world.

With a determined tone, I declared, "But before we face the overwhelming power of Asmodeus, I will ensure justice is served. Kezess will pay for the atrocities committed against our Djinn ancestors, for the devastation inflicted upon Dicathen, for the loss of Curtis, and for the disappearance of Arthur."

A surge of potent killing intent emanated from me, causing those in the room to flinch involuntarily. Regaining control of my emotions, I continued, "Rest assured, Alacarya is free from the grip of the Vritras. Agrona has met his end at my hands. Seris, my trusted ally, has assumed control over the continent and will ensure its stability."

As my words sank in, I noticed a shift in Sylphiette's expression. It was clear she had harbored her own desires for retribution against Agrona, and my actions had inadvertently deprived her of that opportunity. A fleeting sense of understanding passed between us, acknowledging the complexity of our emotions in the face of vengeance.

"First, let's destroy Epheotus, the home of the Asuras," I said. The air crackled with anticipation as our forces assembled, a united front against the tyranny that had plagued our lands for far too long. Each warrior, each ally, stood ready to lay their lives on the line for the cause we held dear.

It was time to free Dicathen from the Asuras control once and for all.