High-Ranking Asura

|Kathyln|

Fury ignited within me like a blazing inferno, fueled by the pain and loss inflicted upon me by the Asuras. I focused my anger into my ice magic, unleashing a barrage of frozen shards at Windsom.

How dare he harm my brother, after they had already taken my parents from me. How much more did they want to take from me?

Arthur and Sylphiette attempted to calm me, but my rage would not be contained. I poured every ounce of my mana into the attack, freezing the air around us and forcing the formidable Asura to defend himself.

I knew I couldn't defeat Windsom alone. But with Arthur and Sylphiette fighting by my side, we stood a chance at saving everyone in the cavern.

My eyes scanned the survivors, seeking out Mother and Ellie. Relief flooded through me as I saw Mother holding my son Alexander, safe for the moment.

My raven-black hair turned a frosty blue as I encased myself in ice armour, preparing for whatever was to come.

Windsom regained his composure and retaliated with his aether, deflecting my attacks. "How do you know the mana art of the Eccleiah clan?" he demanded.

I refused to give Windsom the satisfaction of a response, my focus solely on defeating him and ending this nightmare once and for all.

As we prepared for the long battle ahead, I noticed Arthur and Sylphiette activating Realmheart, their determination mirrored in their expressions.

The three of us exchanged a silent glance, instantly knowing the tasks that lay ahead.

Sylphiette flapped her dragon wings, quickly positioning herself behind Windsom, while Arthur charged at him with his sword.

Windsom unsheathed his weapon, a dreadful double-edged purple sword, as he exchanged sword strikes with Arthur.

With my aether-infused ice magic, I assisted Arthur in weaving through Windsom's attacks and landing blows on him. As I focused on my magic, I couldn't help but feel a pang of longing for Jude's presence, knowing how much he would have been a valuable asset in the battle.

Arthur's swordsmanship was impressive, reminding me of Jude's fluid movements as he effortlessly evaded Windsom's attacks.

But despite Arthur's skill, the power difference between the two fighters kept the battle from being one-sided, as Windsom's strength and speed were unmatched.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and moved my left hand down diagonally, preparing for a powerful attack.

Arthur quickly moved aside, giving me a clear shot at Windsom. I focused all of my mana into the attack, causing a giant ice scythe to materialize in front of Windsom before hurtling towards him, slicing through his aetheric armor and leaving a deep gash.

As Windsom stumbled back from Arthur's strike, ichor dripped from his wound and he gnashed his teeth in anger. Meanwhile, Sylphiette had quickly taken charge of the survivors, ushering them out of the cavern and defending them from any possible Asuras that may have been lurking around.

Regis, the sentient magical being, materialized by Arthur's side and merged into his left arm, enhancing his abilities.

As I gathered mana, my thoughts drifted to the intricacies of ice magic. While many ice mages focused on materializing ice, the ability to control temperature and freeze objects was equally important. With a proper understanding of the molecular behavior of matter, ice mages could slow down the movements of their enemies or objects, effectively immobilizing them.

By removing heat energy from molecules, an ice mage could reduce their kinetic energy and cause them to bond together, forming a solid. This is the foundation of ice magic, and deviant mages like me were experts at manipulating this process.

As I concentrated on my mana, I felt the power of ice flowing through me, ready to be unleashed. Windsom, still reeling from Arthur's attacks, turned towards me, his aetheric armour struggling to withstand the onslaught.

I focused all my mana into removing the kinetic energy from Windsom's body. It was an arduous task, made only slightly easier by the use of aevum to slow down time. Windsom's movements slowed down as he struggled against Arthur, his once-advantageous speed turning into a disadvantage.

With deep breaths escaping my mouth, I continued to pour my energy into the ice magic until his body finally halted. All kinetic energy had been lost, and he was immobilized. I collapsed, my ice armor breaking apart from the strain.

Taking full advantage of the opportunity I had given him, Arthur struck with his left hand, hammering it into Windsom's face with the power of vivum. The blow broke his nose and sent him digging deep into the ground.

Arthur spun his body, using the momentum to drive his sword deep into Windsom's body, leveraging the wound I had given him to deal as much damage as possible. Windsom let out a pained roar as Arthur's blade dug deep into his flesh, hungrily searching for his core.

Arthur stopped, standing tall before placing his foot on Windsom's head.

"I will make sure that Kezess Indrath joins you in the Afterlife," he announced before delivering the final blow. With one swift motion, he cut through Windsom's core, killing him instantly.

As the adrenaline faded, I fell to my knees, gasping for air. Sylphiette approached, worry etched on her face.

"Are you alright?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

I nodded, taking deep breaths as I tried to steady myself.

"We need to get out of here," I said, looking around at the survivors. "There may be more Asuras on their way."