Forest II

Cordelia POV:

I woke up with a start, finding myself in an unfamiliar site. It was only after a few seconds that the memories of what happened came back to me and I remembered what happened. I looked over to see Sophie still sleeping, her chest heaving up and done slightly with every breath she took.

After confirming, I disabled the illusion magic over Jude to see his situation. His body's fading had slowed down, but I needed to get the relic and get a Godrune over creation quickly. 

I sensed Sophie waking up so I quickly casted my illusion magic back. 

"What are you doing, Cordelia?" She asked me while rubbing her eyes. I turned towards her and lied with a smile, "Nothing."

She just nodded sleepily before saying, "You should take a bath before we go further."

"Oh, I should really take shouldn't I?" I chuckled as I could imagine the stink that was coming off me from not having a proper bath for several days now.

"It's not the smell," Sophie said while shaking her hands, "It would just be better for you to be clean."

I nodded my head and followed her outside to a crystal river. Seeing the clean, flowing water reminded me of the past.

'This reminds of when we had to attract the fairies by having baths in their special rivers,' I thought with a smile.

Our first try was met with success, as well as an enemy. 

'I hope that's not the case this time as well,' I sighed internally.

Sophie then went to get fruits in order to not disturb me. I put Jude's body close to the river bank so I could save him if need be.

Then, I took off my clothes and stepped into the water.

The cold water seemed to have rejuvenated my body. All my drowsiness, alongside my worries, evaporated into thin air.

Suddenly, a giant water beast similar to a Kraken emerged from the river. It was quite powerful, as strong as the beast who was chasing Sophie.

It was nothing to me though.

It let out a thunderous roar causing me to lose my balance as I failed to augment myself in time. I cursed before using spatium to dodge his tail attack.

Once in air, I conjured up various lightning and white fire lances around me. My finger descended down as I fired them towards him.

The Kraken growled, sending huge waves of cold water to defend itself against my attack. 

'Does it think that will be enough?' I wondered inside before conjuring small spatium portals in front of all my attacks. This caused them to teleport past the liquid barrier, allowing them to easily connect with the beast.

It let out a pained roar as its bloody wounds were instantly cauterised as well. 

'Time to finish it.'

I conjured thousands of magic missiles of pure mana and aether around me before firing them off at him again. The beast tried to attack me by using water missiles similar to mine, only for most of them to instantly break.

A few of them got near me but I simply swiped them out of the way. My attacks cut through its hide like butter, drilling gaping holes in its body.

The beast let out a final whimper before falling down to river.

I quickly put on my clothes and waited for Sophie to arrive while caressing Jude's cheeks. I was confident in sensing her before she could see Jude, so it wasn't a worry.

Sophie first stepped into the range of my senses before finally coming into my view. I reactivated my illusion spell and let out a smile as her appearance.

She looked flustered as she carried a lot of different fruits. Sophie bowed to me, "I apologise for making you wait! B-but what happened here?"

"It's fine, I didn't wait for a long time!" I calmed her down before clearing the ground for her to sit on.

"One of the minions attacked me while I was having a bath, but I killed it," I continued while pointing backwards.

She stumbled down to the ground in shock while stuttering, "Y-y-you managed to kill the Kraken!?!"

I simply turned my head in surprise.

"That is one of the most powerful beasts the Chamrior King has under him! He also dealt a lot of damage to the rebel army!"

'So I killed an important enemy it seems,' I thought while trying to calm Sophie.

After she relaxed, she handed me various fruits that lacked aether. 'This is a completely different place than the normal relictombs like I thought,' I mused before biting into one of them.

An explosion of flavours occurred in my mouth. The apple-like fruits was much sweeter and had more vibrant flavours than usual as well.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fruits with twinkling eyes while Sophie shyly looked at me. We both got on our way then. 

After a few hours of travelling, we were nearing the place where the rebellious nobles were gathering. Sophie suddenly stammered out, "I-It would be better if you didn't take the boy any closer."

My mind seemed to have frozen as I taken aback by how she managed to find out about it. My killing intent was accidentally released, causing her to stiffen up as she choked on her words, "I-I-I sensed h-him long a-ago b-b-but I didn't w-want to c-c-come off as r-rude so I d-didn't say anything. B-b-but letting h-him come n-nearer would allow t-the other's t-to also sense his p-presence."

My killing intent tumbled down while I contemplated on her words. After realising that I really had no choice, I sent his body in a secret location using a spatium portal. Sophie's eyes widened in shock but she didn't give any comment and merely led the way.

The part of the forest that we were entering now had concentrated mana in the very air around it. It created something similar to illusions and would make finding a way through this difficult. 

That would have been the case if I wasn't an illusion mage.

(A/N: Think of this as similar to the Elshire Forest.)

It didn't take long for me to find the correct way and I actually led Sophie there. Her expression of shock was quickly masked by a stoic one as a line of tree houses entered our vision.

(A/N: Next will be Cordelia's meeting with the nobles of the Chamrior Forest. Chamrior is the actual name of the forest while the Chamrior King uses his title as his name.)