Entrance Ceremony

(A/N: Going to be revamping the school arc of this story.)

Arthur POV:

"Wake up!" a shout pierced through my ears.

Air was forced out of my lungs as Elijah oh-so-tenderly pounded my sternum with the force capable of resuscitating a corpse.

I threw the sleeping Sylvie at him in hopes that she'd protect me from my aggressive roommate.

"Sylvie! It Hurts!" Elijah howled. As expected, my startled bond had instinctively started clawing at Elijah's face until she calmed down.

"There has got to be a better way to wake me up besides physical pain," I grumbled, rubbing my stomach.

"You're telling me. Do you know how hard it is to wake you up? And you reward me by throwing Sylvie at me? Even if she isn't in her full dragon form, do you know how sharp her claws are?" He winced, gingerly touching the shallow scratches that Sylvie had inflicted.

"Anyways! We're going to be late if you don't hurry up and get ready. I've already washed up so get your butt out of bed." Elijah stood on top of my bed, pushing me off with his foot.

"Brother, are you awake?" Ellie opened the door as I was changing. Elijah was at least fully dressed but I only had my bottom half-clothed.

"How do you like your big brother's awesome muscles?" I flexed my body in different poses.

"Eww! All I see are skin and bones, Brother. Please don't compare yourself to Big Brother Jude." She just shook her head, giving me a hard stare. 

Damn that Jude. He seems to always be stealing my limelight everywhere. 

The uniforms that Xyrus had sent us weren't too out of the ordinary. For me, it consisted of a black blazer with white trimmings that matched my pants. I also wore a black square-end tie with one white stripe, indicating that I was a level one student. I also had a white dress shirt underneath and a badge with crossed sword and staff etched intricately over the breast pocket, a clear indication that I was a battle mage student.

Elijah's uniform was pretty much the same as mine.

My parents weren't much surprised when I said I wanted to be a battle mage rather than a scholar. Although I was quite strong, second only to Jude at my age, seeing how he was advancing caused me to want to improve as well, which is why I decided to take fighting classes for whatever little help they would offer.

Instead of the usual tools a conjurer carried, Elijah, instead, had fashioned a black two-part band on his index and ring finger. These two bands were connected by a thin black chain, which gave him a very gothic look, especially now that he'd recently purchased new glasses that were a bit more fashionable. He made it pretty clear to me that this would be his debut in finding a girlfriend so he took great pride in how he looked, although he always grumbled about how no matter how much he tried, he would always be in my shadow.

The ride to Xyrus Academy wasn't too long since it was in the same city, but the campus itself was enormous, so going in through the main gate took some time. There was an abundance of other extravagantly decorated carriages, some twice as long as normal carriages, with low-ranked mana beasts pulling them.

"Pshh... what a bunch of show-offs," Elijah grumbled as he watched pompous-looking students, confidently stepping out of carriages, with decorated weapons to signify that they were either a conjurer or augmented. Our carriage was quite luxurious as well, but that was from the standpoint of commoners. Compared to those richly decorated carriages of major families, ours weren't nearly as eye-catching.

"We have arrived, Master Arthur, Master Elijah." The driver opened the door for us and we stepped out, the both of us inhaling a deep breath of the campus air.